2B Microphone issue

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
submalewillbow
Active

2B Microphone issue

Post by submalewillbow »

Hi all,

Just got my 2B yesterday and loving it so far. I've been using it in stereo mode so far with no issues. Today I tried using the microphone mode and have been having an issue. I have set the sensitivity to x4 (max) and the microphone is not detecting sound well at all. If i tap my finger on the box near the select button i get a few bars, so it is detecting sound however I have to literally shout really loud to get any bars via the microphone, even playing music quite loudly isn't getting anything. If i turn up the level to 29%+ I get a constant output regardless of any sound being made.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: 2B Microphone issue

Post by Stimaddict »

The microphone is not especially sensitive with firmware versions 2.105 / 2.106.
You may get a better response if you turn the adjust knob all the way up to 100.
submalewillbow
Active

Post by submalewillbow »

Stimaddict wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:29 pm The microphone is not especially sensitive with firmware versions 2.105 / 2.106.
You may get a better response if you turn the adjust knob all the way up to 100.
I tried setting adjust to 100 and still no joy. The thing I find weird is the constant output at 29%+ even if no sound is being made.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

might be an idea to drop support a message info@e-stim.co.uk

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
submalewillbow
Active

Post by submalewillbow »

Thanks, I've sent an email.
submalewillbow
Active

Post by submalewillbow »

Just a little update.

I tried out the latest beta firmware out of curiosity and it fixed the constant output issue. I set the mic sensitivity to 16x and it has definitely helped. If i blow into the unit (next to the select button) I get way more bars than I did before. However speaking into the unit still doesn't get any response.
Subbiemel
Active

Post by Subbiemel »

Sounds familliar to me. I have the same problem with my 2B unit. I have to try the new beta software as well.