2b adjust drift

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
cullender
Active

2b adjust drift

Post by cullender »

Hello, have noticed on my 2b the adjust adjust itself in stereo mode. So the knob don't move but the corresponding numbers drift about.
I assume this isn't normal, anyone else had this problem?

Cheers col

cullender
Active

Re: 2b adjust drift

Post by cullender »

a firmware update hasn't fixed the problem
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Its sometimes related to over driving the 2B.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cullender wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:44 pm a firmware update hasn't fixed the problem
What firmware are you referring to? Main or Beta?

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
cullender
Active

Post by cullender »

Over driving not sure what you mean? Just use between 6 and 18% of power. Also drifts in other modes. Only just started doing it not using any diferently. Main firmware don't have beta.
Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

over driving as in input levels, not output - so if the bars in the audio mode are nearly solid with little variation then you are most likely over driving the input. Might be an idea to drop the support team at info@e-stim.co.uk and they can look at it.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

cullender wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:32 pm Over driving not sure what you mean?
It means you should try to set your audio player to around 65-70% of maximum volume.
For advice on using audio files in Stereo Mode see this post: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9670&p=14169#p14169
cullender
Active

Post by cullender »

Hey thanks for all your help that seems to has sorted it. Lots of testing to do ;-)
Deltus1
Active Developer

Post by Deltus1 »

Stimaddict wrote:
It means you should try to set your audio player to around 65-70% of maximum volume.
II have chosen this topic only by chance, because I have found the known hint to set the audio player to 65-70% max volume (sometimes 70-80% is also recommended).

I wonder what the advantage is compared to e.g. 50%, since I can increase the intensity on the 2B to such an extent that it is sufficient in any case?
With 50% on the audio player at the beginning of the session I would have more reserve to increase the intensity for both channels at the same time ...
Greetings Deltus

---
DeepL helps me with the translation.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Deltus1 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:42 pm I wonder what the advantage is compared to e.g. 50%, since I can increase the intensity on the 2B to such an extent that it is sufficient in any case?
With 50% on the audio player at the beginning of the session I would have more reserve to increase the intensity for both channels at the same time ...
It doesn't work that way because in Stereo mode the current delivered at your electrodes is a 'balance' between audio input volume and your 2B's power setting. Imagine driving your car up a steep hill when you need more power. You could change gear or slightly press the clutch pedal, but either way the end result will be the same in terms of power. Or think of a set of old fashioned weighing scales. You cannot remove weights from one side without destroying the balance.

The *optimum* audio input volume is when the audio bars in the 2B's LCD are moving to just over 3/4 of the way across (IMHO). If you lower the audio volume to (e.g.) 50% you must then turn up the 2B's power/intensity knobs to deliver the same power output to your electrodes.