Box without load / disconnecting load

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
toughsub
Active

Box without load / disconnecting load

Post by toughsub »

Good Morning,

could the box take any damage if it is used / turned up over time without any load (no electrodes attached)?
Could it be damaged if the electrodes are disconnected while the box delivers a high output or the electrodes are plugged back in?
Could it be damaged in case of a short while it dellivers a high outpot, e.g. if electrodes touch or a bipolar clam comes off and produces a short?

Happy stimming e:)

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Box without load / disconnecting load

Post by Stimaddict »

I think the answer is no, no, and no. Maybe someone could correct me if I'm wrong?

It's not a good idea to produce a short (i.e. touching electrodes) but AFAIAA the 2B has inbuilt protection.
toughsub
Active

Post by toughsub »

Thanks for sharing your thought simaddict, but if the box has a short-protection then the third no would be a yes... so the question is how much protection is built into the 2B compared to the 5.99$ china boxes...

have a stimulating weekend :)
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

We tend not to discuss exact design elements of the 2B, but the drive system is fully protected against shorts by design.

So no issues whatsoever with shorting out even though we do officially suggest don’t don’t do it deliberately. Shorting while playing can generate spikes - a short drop the output to zero, breaking the short will then generate an uncomfortable spike for the subject.

Running with long periods with no load will also cause no damage, indeed we ‘soak test’ units in various load conditions from full shorts to heavy loads as part of the test and development process, as well as run units during program testing for hours with no load.

So the simple answer is no issues!!!

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
toughsub
Active

Post by toughsub »

Great, thanks for the info

Though I wouldn't do it deliberately, it gives some comfort, and shows that the money is well invested in a high quality product :)
demuc1973
Active Developer

Post by demuc1973 »

...and shows that the money is well invested...
Definitely! The nice thing is, the manufacturer is big enough to deliver good quality and excellent support. However, it is still not too big for customer proximity or innovation to suffer. Attributes of companies that have become really rare today! :!:
"I am happy when it rains, because when I am not happy, it also rains." Quote from Karl Valentin - a Munich original and humorist