2B as a medical TENS

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
erina88
Active

2B as a medical TENS

Post by erina88 »

As above. Is it possible to use the 2B as a medical TENS.

We always hear warnings not to use the 2B above the waist, but in a medical TENS, using it on the back of the neck or shoulders are very common. So what gives?

admin
Site Admin

Re: 2B as a medical TENS

Post by admin »

What we generally say is not above the waist unless you know what you are going, but when you get into all the if and buts and other caveats (not across the chest, not on certain neck nerves) then not above the waist is both simple and easy to follow. Its also is a requirement of our insurers for our product liability insurance. Sadly many TENS units are now sold as a mass market device and thus miss out a lot of the guidance. Amazon and co will generally worry after the lawsuits arrive.

The risk IS minimal, but we still have to give out the warnings.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
erina88
Active

Post by erina88 »

admin wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:05 pm What we generally say is not above the waist unless you know what you are going, but when you get into all the if and buts and other caveats (not across the chest, not on certain neck nerves) then not above the waist is both simple and easy to follow. Its also is a requirement of our insurers for our product liability insurance. Sadly many TENS units are now sold as a mass market device and thus miss out a lot of the guidance. Amazon and co will generally worry after the lawsuits arrive.

The risk IS minimal, but we still have to give out the warnings.

Si
Thanks for the reply. So is it possible to use the 2B as a medical TENS? For example, I connect up 2 TENS pad to the 2B and stick it to sore muscles, then use some of the built in programs like pulse?

Reason for asking is, my medical TENS unit was retired. Since I have a super capable estim box (aka 2B), why should I waste $$ buying a medical TENS when I have the 2B. :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is not something we would recommend, but we are aware of people doing such things. a 2B is not a medical grade TENS.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd