Homemade Gel with Xantham Gum

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
biohamster
Active

Homemade Gel with Xantham Gum

Post by biohamster »

Hey guys,

I have found a few threads here with recipes on making conductive gels.

I want to know if anyone has made some gels with Xanthum gum? I have made a few various batches myself ranging from 2% w/w to 9%. Found myself liking in the more 5ish% range.

The main issue I am having is keeping it free from mold/bacteria. There are some various articles suggesting some preservatives, but dont know which one is good and least harmful on skin.

Would love to hear your thoughts,

-Biohamster

demuc1973
Active Developer

Re: Homemade Gel with Xantham Gum

Post by demuc1973 »

:?: What is your goal? Save money or something particularly sensitive for the skin? Or other reason?

There are always very good offers in amazon if you want to be economical. I then always buy 3-4 pieces of 250 milliliters and that lasts for 1-1.5 years. I've also tried conductive gels with gold content or similar - had no particular added value in terms of feeling compared to simple gels.
"I am happy when it rains, because when I am not happy, it also rains." Quote from Karl Valentin - a Munich original and humorist
biohamster
Active

Re: Homemade Gel with Xantham Gum

Post by biohamster »

Yea saving money primarily....and also making up alternative source if like an economic shutdown happens.
demuc1973
Active Developer

Re: Hausgemachtes Gel mit Xantham Gum

Post by demuc1973 »

I'm using this one and I don't think it's expensive now ...

[url] https://www.amazon.de/MC24-Elektrodenge ... 3%85%C5%BD% C3% 95% C3% 91 & dchild = 1 & keywords = electrode gel & qid = 1606787407 & sr = 8-4 [/ url]

I have had good experiences with it, especially with pads and otherwise it seems to be okay. to be. And a correspondingly large stock is always there, should definitely last 1 year ...

I have already seen recipes for water-based lubricants on the WWW - I suspect that if you mix these recipes a little thicker and add a little more electrical conductivity (I suspect with table salt or something), it could work ...
"I am happy when it rains, because when I am not happy, it also rains." Quote from Karl Valentin - a Munich original and humorist