How to avoid burns at the gap in conductive loops?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Deltus1
Active Developer

Re: How to avoid burns at the gap in conductive loops?

Post by Deltus1 »

joannesReviews wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:44 am If you plan on using flexible wire rather than solid core wire one option is to thread a thin piece of solid wire through the conductive rubber first. Then solder that to your flexible wire and use the solid wire to pull the flexible wire through.
Or do it like this without soldering:

To get the copper strand through CR tube, first put a double laid ca. 0.3 mm solid copper wire through the CR tube, put the end of the copper strand through the eye of the wire and pulled it back through the CR tube. you can facilitated this with grease- and oil-free contact improving lubricant spray.

And you can also solder or screw matching sockets for the plugs of your powerbox to the protruding insulated ends of the strands.

Have fun

Deltus
Last edited by Deltus1 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greetings Deltus

---
DeepL helps me with the translation.
Korsakovski
Active

Post by Korsakovski »

Many thanks @Joanne and @Deltus for your replies. I get the picture. I'm definitely going to try this out. Cheers!
Korsakovski
LeBete
Active

Post by LeBete »

Great advice here. I'll be making a copper wire in conductive tube based glans cage, maybe with a urethral probe for 40 - 50 mm...

But also, using joannesReviews idea, a multi turn back of glans end.
pretender
Active

Post by pretender »

Hello All,

I would add that using a wide enough loop is better than a thin one. At first I was using thin conductor loop and i felt some burning sensations, with wider loop condutor it is just pelasure !
stimmingexperiments
Active

Post by stimmingexperiments »

I ended up "downgrading" from the 4mm to 2mm loops which seems to be the opposite of what most suggest. They're much more flexible so can lay flatter against my cock and the clamps seem to grip them better so they don't become loose.

I can also bend the 2mm loops back round into a crown which makes it feel much more intense and thus I can use half the power for the same effect.

I did try putting some copper wire through the 4mm loops but I noticed some parts of the loop were getting warm which scared me off it.
sweetboy82
Active

Post by sweetboy82 »

I do suffer from the same problem as posted by OP.
Adding conductive gel helps, but it dries out too soon - I like to keep playing for more than an hour.

I do wonder if someone can explain what is happening.

For me, after a long play, I can tell it happened again because there is a dark spot where the loops connected. Dark as in the color of a bruise, blueish, half a cm x a cm. It does not hurt, possible from numbness of the stimming, the skin is normal and intact.
After a day or two, I can see it 'growing' toward the surface, after day 2 or 3, it turns into a wound with crusted blood, as if it was first beneath skin and now moves out. The 'crust' easily cracks and there is blood underneath, looks like bare flesh. It takes a few more days to a week to heal.

If this is a burn caused by bad conductivity, how come the skin isn't burned at first?

I am going to try to get some new CR loops, did not know they lose their conductivity. Also on the to-try list: inserting copper wire, although I like the tight grip of the CR loop with the plastic gripper.
Turning it around the cock first is also on my to-try.
eck
Active

Post by eck »

sweetboy82 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:31 pmthere is a dark spot where the loops connected. Dark as in the color of a bruise, blueish, half a cm x a cm. ...
the skin is normal and intact.
I am not sure whether the skin is really intact, it might seem so.
sweetboy82 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:31 pmIt does not hurt, possible from numbness of the stimming,
It is not only numbness, overstimmg makes the body feel the stimming, suppressing the pain.
sweetboy82 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:31 pmAfter a day or two, I can see it 'growing' toward the surface, after day 2 or 3, it turns into a wound with crusted blood
This is obiously a damage which should be avoided although I cannot exlain what is really is.
sweetboy82 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:31 pmdid not know they lose their conductivity.
Chemicals in the lube or in cleaning products may decrease the conductivity and mechanical stress which is mostly at the wire contact points. Water should be sufficient for cleaning if you use the loops on one person only and the lube should be water-based only. Mechanical stress cannot be avoided totally, so the loops need to replaced from time to time.

The loss of conductivity may also lead to hot spots - may be that is what you observed.

Another solution might be the use of other contacts such as a cockring at the base.
stimmingexperiments wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:04 pmI ended up "downgrading" from the 4mm to 2mm loops which seems to be the opposite of what most suggest. They're much more flexible so can lay flatter against my cock and the clamps seem to grip them better so they don't become loose.
Sufficient conductivity and amount of lube might ensure that the effective contact area does not get too small.

Furthermore, a condom or rubber clothing helps against drying.
sweetboy82 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:31 pmI did try putting some copper wire through the 4mm loops but I noticed some parts of the loop were getting warm which scared me off it.
I would be scared too if the loops heat up. This could indicate a loss of conductivity of the lube or the loops itself. Hovever, are you sure that they really heat up ? copper has a very good electric conductivity, but also a good heat conduction, so they might feel hotter. If the temperature does not exceed the body temperature this might be this physical effect only.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Before anyone asks why doesn't E-Stim do this, the answer is because PES used to have the patent on conductive rubber with wire inside. I believe it has expired, but the US patent system is strange, and we try not to copy other people's designs.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
ouioui
Active

Post by ouioui »

I have similar issues as the OP, but have only experienced on the 2B.
Interestingly enough, this did not happen with my previous powerbox which has a wider frequency range. (Other factors are the same: electrodes, gel, duration - might turn the 2B slightly higher though since I can't compare this 1:1)
Now, I was thus wondering if a lower frequency pulse makes skin burns more likely?
hotluck
Active

Post by hotluck »

ouioui,

thanks for bringing this back to the Conversation. I've had a few "burn" spots. I use Gel: Spectra par12-02 Parker Laboratories 360 . Observations: 1. Gel dries out pretty quickly. I have been doing 1+ hour stim sessions. Bit of a pain to stop, either add water or relube the CR. 2. I don't get any burn spots with Tens pads but, pulling the damn things off is not pleasent. 3. I never had any burns with my old ET232 unit. Could be the 2B has more power or the theory of different Freqs? I do know my Bum(anal probe) never got numb with the ET232. After a long session with the 2B my butthole is numb and tingles. I've been to "Max" with both 2B channels engaged with mains plugged in. not 9V Battery. I could never do that with the ET232. I don't believe ET232 output more power/juice. Hence my agreement with the Freq difference.

"The Things we do to Cum". (song Title 1977)

Thoughts anyone? Solutions to try out? Besides Only Stim once a week.... Doh!

HL
Last edited by hotluck on Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.