Cable colour-coding and placement

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
hairylondoner
Active

Cable colour-coding and placement

Post by hairylondoner »

Hello,

Apologies for asking a very basic and newbie question.

What do the colours on the cables mean? yellow/red/black? And does their placement matter? For example, for a yellow/black cable, should yellow be at top of penis while black at base? Or, which one should go into the central hole of a butt plug as opposed to the outer?

Many thanks

mrbutt89
Active Developer

Re: Cable colour-coding and placement

Post by mrbutt89 »

I assume you're talking about a triphase cable? It sounds as though the colours have changed since I got mine. (On mine, there's red/blue/black, with black as the "common".)

Hopefully someone here can tell you which out of your combination of wires is the "common". If not, it's easy enough to find out. Connect just one of the plugs to your power box, connect two of the wires to electrodes and apply them to your body (I'd suggest top and base of penis). Gradually turn up the power and if you get a sensation you'll know you've got a circuit. Then repeat the exercise by swapping the plug to the power box and swapping out one of the electrodes. By a process of trial and error you'll find out which wire is connected to both plugs, making it the "common" wire. I'd start by assuming that red and black are on one plug, and yellow and black are on the other one. As I say, someone reading this discussion might be able to tell you straight away and save you having to experiment.

Once you've identified which is the common wire, find a way of marking the plugs so you know which one is connected to each of the unique wires. It's not essential, but it's just quicker to set up next time knowing which wires are on which channels.

Placement of the common electrode is important. Because it's connected to both channels, there are times when it's going to receive a signal from both, so that could be where the greatest power is felt if pulses combine. For that reason, some people like to have the common connected to an anal insertable, while other "intensity junkies" like to have it on the glans. If your aim in a triphase setup is to have sensations travelling the full distance from anus to glans, then you may have more success if you put the common electrode somewhere in the middle, such as the base of the cock or round the ball sac.

If you have a CR loop on the base of your cock as a common electrode, and your aim is to separate out anal and penile stimulation, consider insulating the top portion in some way to prevent it stimulating the dorsal nerve. This can be important, because the dorsal nerve will produce sensations perceived to be coming from the tip of your penis, even if the active electrodes are in your anus and at the base of your cock. However, with some arrangements of electrodes you might actually want to stimulate the dorsal nerve on purpose if you don't want to apply an electrode at the tip.

I hope this all makes sense. It all seems quite complicated when you're first starting out, but it's amazing how quickly you get to grips with all of it. The main thing is to enjoy experimenting with different combinations and placements of electrodes. There are so many permutations, and you'll find that some really suit you whereas others don't. Just have fun with it!
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

These threads might help...
Bigchilli
Active

Post by Bigchilli »

Stimaddict wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:00 am These threads might help...
Thanks for these
Still got loads to learn
hairylondoner
Active

Post by hairylondoner »

Thank you very much - all very helpful.
rjohan

Post by rjohan »

Usefull info, thanks