How much conductive lube do you need?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: How much conductive lube do you need?

Post by Stimaddict »

Danxz wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:38 pm I do not Use it at all. Working fine without :D
Your skin creates electrical resistance so it's not a good idea to use nothing at all. Using conductive gel, or even water-based lube, makes for a smoother ride and reduces the possibility of a charge building up under the electrode leading to heat and potential burns.

stimrunner4444
Active

Post by stimrunner4444 »

Most sessions with CR loops I just put a small bit of water based lube on the loop itself. Try out different lubes and placements and see what works best for you.
metalrodinmyrod
Active

Post by metalrodinmyrod »

I have the ElectraStim loops from Mr S. and just rub some water-based lube or electro gel on them. Seems to work great. Those are my favorite CR loops to use.
Ronfire7
Active Developer

Post by Ronfire7 »

I made up a CR loop with a solid copper core, this lets me wrap a couple of loops around my cock. After I connect the electrode I pull over a condom and then squirt in some Spectra 360. It does not dry out during a session and makes cleanup easier especially if worn under clothing.
ezu2000
Active

Post by ezu2000 »

Hi, how are you? In my case, I only use libricant in the area where the electrode makes contact with the skin, the same is depending on the strength of the one and the resistance of each one, the truth does not hurt me at all, and in the case of an anal electrode, I suggest you use common lubricant, do not use cinductor gel just in case
29-year-old Spanish speaking boy addicted to e-stim and sports
tdg
Active

Post by tdg »

Stimaddict wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:52 am
GHHoss wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:32 am The outer flange seems better with the gel as it doesn't dry out so quickly during longer sessions.
Yeah, the outer flange should be treated as an external electrode but it depends on how you are using it. You get better conductive contact sitting on it than you would lying down, and if you have plenty of lube in your butt it will also keep the outer flange nicely lubed.
That's interesting. I did wonder whether putting too much lube on my torpedo plug might lead to current leaking between the + and -. I also considered whether lying down was the best position for contact with my prostate. Sitting seems a good option but is sounds like I need to invest in the low profile connectors (which don't come with the bonus pack). Hey ho, I guess I'll just have to buy more stuff. :D
TDG
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Its difficult to use too much conductive lube, the resistance is not as low as people think, so you are certainly not going to get a massive reduction in sensation, and certainly not a short as has been suggested by others in the past. We generally suggest using enough to be comfortable, you can always add more if you feel the need. If you are using lube with loops for instance, too much normally makes then slide all over the place - that is why we offer TacGel, but again its time for experimentation.

Be aware of using lubes that are not designed for internal use

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
wombat
Active

Post by wombat »

I find that using a lube gun (syringe) makes it a bit easier to apply to a specific area.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

tdg wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:49 pm Sitting seems a good option but is sounds like I need to invest in the low profile connectors (which don't come with the bonus pack).
I'd definitely recommend getting the low profile adaptors. I learnt that the hard way. Although I was lying (rather than sitting) with the anal electrode inserted, I still tended to bend the wire where it exited the connector plug, until eventually it failed. The adaptors from E-Stim Systems have the advantage of incorporating a short length of lead, which provides a useful extension to the rear lead(s) if you're using their triphase cable.
josesmoe
Active

Post by josesmoe »

I usually just apply a little to both. If you apply too much then the electrode starts to slide around everywhere. As long as you apply some you'll be fine unless you're planning to do an hour+ session. I'd imagine you'd need to take and reapply around the 30min mark or so if you wanted to go that route