How much conductive lube do you need?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
darachaki

Re: How much conductive lube do you need?

Post by darachaki »

Why SpectraGel is not rated for internal use?.

estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

darachaki wrote:Why SpectraGel is not rated for internal use?.
We don’t know, ask the manufacturer :-).

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Firefly
Active

Post by Firefly »

I have tried all ways especially around my balls where I end up with my scrotum skin folded. I end up getting zapped etc in that area!

And also with conductive loops where the black adjustment toggle is located!
GHHoss
Active

Post by GHHoss »

[/quote]

Just remember that SpectraGel is NOT rated for internal use.

Si
[/quote]

I think I knew this but didn’t realize that e-stimsystems sells electrode gel that is suitable for internal use. I would only use sterile lube for urethral sounds though. That said, I have used all sorts of stuff for anal insertion that probably shouldn’t be used internally.

Since I’m still a newb, I only bought a 2oz tube not knowing that it would get used up so quick. While I wait for a fresh batch, I’ve used water-based lube with reasonable success. Conductive lube/gel is much better at keeping the power smooth and avoiding those prickly feelings.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

GHHoss wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:55 am While I wait for a fresh batch, I’ve used water-based lube with reasonable success.
IMHO water-based lube is fine for anal use. Good conductivity is assured due to your internal anatomy.
GHHoss
Active

Post by GHHoss »

Stimaddict wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:53 am
GHHoss wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:55 am While I wait for a fresh batch, I’ve used water-based lube with reasonable success.
IMHO water-based lube is fine for anal use. Good conductivity is assured due to your internal anatomy.
I should have said that it's a bi-polar plug. Inside is fine with water based lube. The outer flange seems better with the gel as it doesn't dry out so quickly during longer sessions.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

GHHoss wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:32 am The outer flange seems better with the gel as it doesn't dry out so quickly during longer sessions.
Yeah, the outer flange should be treated as an external electrode but it depends on how you are using it. You get better conductive contact sitting on it than you would lying down, and if you have plenty of lube in your butt it will also keep the outer flange nicely lubed.
Dunwich
Active

Post by Dunwich »

I only use water-based lubricant. Is there much difference?
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Dunwich wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:03 pm I only use water-based lubricant. Is there much difference?
It's best to use a proper conductive gel with all external electrodes (except TENS pads). If you don't have any then a water-based lube will do. The main difference is the sodium content. Salt is used to thicken lubes and gels but it also increases electrical conductivity, so the thicker the better.

Water itself does not conduct electricity very well because it contains very few ions. When salt (sodium chloride) is added it conducts better because the solution now contains more sodium ions. Trouble is salt doesn't dissolve well without boiling. However baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) dissolves easily and is fully ionized in water, creating an environment of mobile positively (sodium) and negatively (bicarbonate) charged ions which can readily carry charge from from the electrode to your flesh. If you feel you need to increase conductivity just add a pinch of baking soda (NOT baking powder) to a small quantity of water-based lube. Stored in the fridge it will last around 3 days before you need to throw it out and mix a new batch.
Danxz
Active

Post by Danxz »

I do not Use it at all. Working fine without :D