Basic questions from a beginner

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
VirusHD
Active

Basic questions from a beginner

Post by VirusHD »

Hallo @all,

I have been the proud owner of a 2B for two weeks now. First of all I want to say that I think the product is really great.
However, there are still a few questions unanswered when using it, although I have already read a lot in the forum.

1)
I mainly use the device with the stereo function. It's also really fun, but with all the sound files I felt that in the area (sound level in the display) 20% -25% you hardly feel anything from 50% -60% it comes then that you feel comfortable. At 100% it becomes exhausting.
I'm thinking about the new BASTARD video (which I still liked a lot). When the phase (blue) comes, there is nothing but a slight tingling sensation. Phase green, on the other hand, brings me to the edge. Phase orange is hard.
What am I doing wrong or is that exactly what I wanted? When calibrating, I set it so that I feel comfortable and the sound level on the display was 95%.

2)

When using other sound files, I noticed that if the beats are faster (seen on the display) the 2B cannot process them, because then I feel absolutely nothing.
Only when these slow down again does the current start again. Unfortunately, that has resulted in not so cool surprises.
But I think that I read in the forum that the 2B was designed to play mostly correct sound files and thus smooth the peaks and the beat. Maybe that's where the problem comes from?

3)
I've already stumbled across videos with sound several times, so these are designed as Surrundsound mkv files. How can you play these files properly? How do you do this? I only have one audio output on the notebook and that is for headphones.

That should have been it for the beginning. I would like to thank everyone again who share their great files with the community and continue to follow the topic. I wish I could understand all of this better so that I could maybe tinker with sound files.

Many Thanks

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Basic questions from a beginner

Post by Stimaddict »

Hi VHD...

1) ~ Could you explain what you mean by phase blue/green/orange?
..... For advice on using audio files in Stereo Mode see this post - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9670&p=14169#p14169

2) ~ See - Why some stimfiles don't work so well on the 2B - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9774&p=14762#p14762

3) ~ Just plug your 2B audio cable into the headphone socket.
VirusHD
Active

Post by VirusHD »

Hi SStimaddict,

first of all thank you for your great work here in the forum read a lot of your posts.

1) in your video you describe the phases:
Blue = go to the edge.
Green = normal stimulation
Orange = hold it tight.
Now it is so that I set up the green phase when calibrating. At least that's what it feels like.
Thanks for your link, I just see that you don't control the pulse in steromode with the regulator in the middle, but rather the sound?

2) Yes, I meant exactly the entry from you. So it's normal. good to know.

thank you
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

VirusHD wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:13 pm 1) in your video you describe the phases:
Blue = go to the edge.
Green = normal stimulation
Orange = hold it tight.
No, that is not my stim-video. I think you must be using another one from someone else.
VirusHD wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:13 pm Thanks for your link, I just see that you don't control the pulse in steromode with the regulator in the middle, but rather the sound?
In Stereo Mode the 'feel' of the pulse is controlled by the middle Adjustment knob. The power/intensity is controlled by a combination of the audio volume and the A B power knobs.