Session or audio file builder program?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
tdg
Active

Session or audio file builder program?

Post by tdg »

I may be getting completely ahead of myself here. I may also be asking about something that already exists, but I'm not quite sure what to search for in the forum archives, so bear with me...

I see that you can record sessions on the 2B and that's obviously great if you can have your Mac or PC near your 2B when you're using it. What I was wondering is if it would be possible, or desirable, to have a program that allowed you to build session and/or audio files that you could uses at a later date. Once you have a session file you like, you could then reload it and modify it, so that you slowly evolved it into the 'perfect' session (in a sort of Darwinian way). If these session files could be converted to an equivalent audio file, that might make them more amenable to portable devices such as phones, instead of a more bulky Mac/PC.

I was going to take a look at the Commander program later on and see how the output files are formatted, but if they're not text based, e.g. XML or similar, then I'd need an API to work with (so as I don't need to reverse engineer them :D ).

Would anyone with knowledge of these subjects care to comment on the above - desirability and achievability?

TDG
admin
Site Admin

Re: Session or audio file builder program?

Post by admin »

The session files from Commander are deliberately text based for exactly that reason - you can edit them to your hearts content. They are simply a time and a command, so

Code: Select all

5 A0
5 A10
5 A20
5 A30
would increase the level on channel A from 0 to 30 over 20 seconds. The best thing to do is record a test session and then edit the commands. The later beta firmware also adds in relative commands which makes things easier to use. You can change all the values, as well as switch mode and power settings.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
tdg
Active

Post by tdg »

Thanks - I'm just trying out Commander but following the documentation: https://e-stim.info/instructions/select-commander

It says turn the adjust knob to 22 - Commander. On my 2B, 22 is Full Reset. Have I missed something? The 2B has 2.106 firmware. I also know that the driver is correctly installed because I looked into firmware upgrades yesterday only to discover that 2.120/121 is still in Beta.

Have I missed something really simple?
TDG
tdg
Active

Post by tdg »

Ignore that. After a bit of searching I found that with firmware 2.106 Commander is automatically selected, as documented here:

https://e-stim.info/commander/mac

(just posting this in case anyone else runs into this!)
TDG
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tdg wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:57 pm Thanks - I'm just trying out Commander but following the documentation: https://e-stim.info/instructions/select-commander

It says turn the adjust knob to 22 - Commander. On my 2B, 22 is Full Reset. Have I missed something? The 2B has 2.106 firmware. I also know that the driver is correctly installed because I looked into firmware upgrades yesterday only to discover that 2.120/121 is still in Beta.

Have I missed something really simple?
Yup the first paragraph
In order to use the Digital Link Interface with Commander 2, Commander 3, UpLink or E-Stim Connect you may need to switch Commander on on the 2B. If you are running firmware version 2.106 or above, then the Digital interface link is automatically switched on and off when needed.
I might need to re-write it to make it a little clearer

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
tdg
Active

Post by tdg »

FYI:

I have a proof of concept program working. It's implemented in Java so should run on any platform, though I've only tried it under Linux so I don't know what the fonts look like on other platforms. It's GUI based and allowed the user to create multi-phase sessions that can switch modes and change any or all of the settings so that they ramp up/down linearly over the period specified. The configuration can be exported as a .csf file for playback using Commander 3. The configuration can be saved as a data file so that it can be reloaded and tweaked as required. Each session phase is defined as a proportion over the overall session allowing configurations to be lengthened or shortened very easily.
TDG
Deltus1
Active Developer

Post by Deltus1 »

tdg wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:11 pm FYI:

I have a proof of concept program working. It's implemented in Java so should run on any platform, though I've only tried it under Linux so I don't know what the fonts look like on other platforms. It's GUI based and allowed the user to create multi-phase sessions that can switch modes and change any or all of the settings so that they ramp up/down linearly over the period specified. The configuration can be exported as a .csf file for playback using Commander 3. The configuration can be saved as a data file so that it can be reloaded and tweaked as required. Each session phase is defined as a proportion over the overall session allowing configurations to be lengthened or shortened very easily.
That is very exciting. I would like to try this on my Apple computer.

Deltus
Greetings Deltus

---
DeepL helps me with the translation.
tdg
Active

Post by tdg »

Hi,

I'm going to be putting some basic documentation together today and/or tomorrow. I'll post on this thread as soon as it's available. I have a Mac too, so hopefully it will have had a basic test before you get to see it.

Many thanks for your interest.

TDG
TDG
tdg
Active

Post by tdg »

Deltus,

I've just posted the software and documentation to a new thread under this category.

I'd be delighted to hear any feedback or comments you might have.

TDG
TDG
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Excellent work.... you can find the thread here

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=10763

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd