Audio input 2B vs 312b or ET232

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
puckfr
Active

Audio input 2B vs 312b or ET232

Post by puckfr »

Hi,
A actually own a 2B since 2 years. I've seen on forums peoples complaining about feeling produced by using audio on a 2B.
Is there really big difference between 2b and et 232 or 312b on audio processing ?
Does anyone experimented theses power boxes ?

Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Audio input 2B vs 312b or ET232

Post by admin »

It depends who you ask. They are completely different units, with different design ideas as well as different hardware. Its a bit like asking why rock music sounds different when played with a violin... because it does!!

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

puckfr wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:45 am I've seen on forums peoples complaining about feeling produced by using audio on a 2B.
You must mean Reddit. A couple of pretend 'experts' on there seem to hate the 2B but know nothing about it. I have both the 2B and the ET312 and always prefer the 2B's audio input because it is more reliable and easier to control. Otherwise there is not a huge amount of difference in 'feel'.

The Erostek ET312 has three audio modes (or 'Maps') but in truth only 'Audio 3' works well with stimfiles. 'Audio 2' can just about be used with music and 'Audio 1' is completely useless.
The ET232 is an archaic, older mono box that cannot even handle audio stimfiles properly.

** For advice on using audio files in 2B Stereo Mode see this post - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9670&p=14169#p14169
** See also... Why some stimfiles don't work so well on the 2B - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9774&p=14762#p14762

*************************************************************************************************************************************************
Just a reminder that *anyone* here is welcome to PM me for a download link to hundreds of free, shared mp3 stimfiles organized by author - some up to 4 hours long!
I cannot post the link here out of respect for this forum's Admin and board rules regarding direct links to other people's work.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Unlimited access to the Stimfile Archive with No fees, No registration required, No ads, No catches, No expiry date and No hidden motives.
beem2713
Active

Post by beem2713 »

I also have a 2B, ET and several home made boxes with varying technology.

The 2B is very different to all of the others, it is a nice unit for sure but for me there is an issue. The 2B doesnt faithfully reproduce on the output what is applied to the input. This can be and is a good thing if youre trying stim to music tracks etc but it's a hinderance when using a bespoke stim file. The DSP masks some of the finer detail therefore changing the experience completely, lots of detail has gone missing in action. The other boxes I have do follow the audio input accurately, this can lead to some painful results! it does exactly what the stim file tells it to do.
Is the 2B the best? It is very good all rounder, it does help you avoid surprises but sometimes, surprises are a desirable aspect. If you dont have experience of other boxes, get a 2B, you wont be disappointed.
DubidonDummy
Active

Post by DubidonDummy »

I agree your point and I have the same perception.
And I have a question for admin : why not implement (with a new mode) a classic stereo mode without DSP to have the same feeling than other boxes ? Is it a technical impossibility or a desire not to do so ?
beem2713
Active

Post by beem2713 »

I think there is a later version of the firmware that has exactly that. I havent tried to update mine and have put it up for sale.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DubidonDummy wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:14 am I agree your point and I have the same perception.
And I have a question for admin : why not implement (with a new mode) a classic stereo mode without DSP to have the same feeling than other boxes ? Is it a technical impossibility or a desire not to do so ?
With the current hardware it's not possible. And all the other commercial boxes do actually have signal processing involved, and we all use different driver hardware as well.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
puckfr
Active

Post by puckfr »

Stimaddict wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:08 am
You must mean Reddit
Yes, I've seen It on Reddit,

Thanks a lot for all yours answers and feedback.
beem2713
Active

Post by beem2713 »

admin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:36 am And all the other commercial boxes do actually have signal processing involved, and we all use different driver hardware as well.
Si
Doing a direct comparison between the Erostek and the 2B using Electron to drive it, the ET unit certainly follows the input much better than the 2B. For example set some very short pain pulse 0.3 sec with a short gap and fire 20 of them off. With ET you feel them (15% extra amplitude) the 2B you dont no matter where the adjust point is. I guess this is the design ethos of the 2B to protect the user and refine the output when music sources are used.
I'm very surprised that the DSP cant be set to no effect and follow the input accurately but I have no experience of the internals of the 2B only my own boxes.
titusbl
Active

Post by titusbl »

Hello

I sincerely believe that the ET312 is much better materially than the 2B, if only the possibility of controlling the audio and the data at the same time.
I appreciate its fine control and measured as the audio input setting and the progressiveness of the output volume on ET312.
But the lack of an official program worthy of the name makes me choose 2B for remote control.
Locally I like to have control with the mouse with the 2. :)