Audio input 2B vs 312b or ET232

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Audio input 2B vs 312b or ET232

Post by Stimaddict »

beem2713 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:39 am Trying files between the 2B and my home designed box they are completely different. I reverted back to my own box and sold on my 2B. The 2B is a great unit and had some interesting routines but the lack of input to output without the 2B's interference was a deal breaker for me.
All stim boxes have their drawbacks and StereoStim devices are no exception. The only commercial StereoStim unit available is sold as an "Adult Novelty/Curiosity/Educational item" because it cannot legally conform to the same safety standards as the 2B or ET312. DIY StereoStim boxes are great but being analogue devices they lack the same control over 'pulse feel' that digital boxes offer. No routines or 'modes' either. At the end of the day it's simply down to personal preference and choice, or better still buy one of everything :)

beem2713
Active

Post by beem2713 »

The control over the pulse feel as you put it is done in the source file, it's no good if the author is wishing to inflict some very short high volume pulses when the 2B just filters them out which is what I experienced. Some analogue boxes do have built in routines as does mine courtesy of Arduino.
Yep, buy one of everything works for sure and it is down to personal choice at the end, 2B or not 2B thats the question LOL.
beem2713
Active

Post by beem2713 »

StereoStim wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:56 am What is bespoke?
Bespoke simply means an audio file made up of various tones authored with estim in mind as opposed to an audio music track.

developers of audio files develop what feels good for them on a particular device --- there is no stim file standard. That is why i developed the https://e-stereo.com audio server for stimming. You can adjust the action on the fly to your mood. All it is a ppc, laptop, tablet or mobile phone and an internet connection and is not time limited as an mp3 file.
An online tone generator, which wont progress as most mp3 files do with varying routines, being web based isn't always an advantage and running it on these devices you need to be very careful with device sounds, a mobile phone with an incoming call the ring tone can be extremely painful :D
If you do not get sufficient signal then the stim file lacks volume or you may have a problem with the 2B.
Or simply the pulse is short and the 2B filters it out as it's designed to do.