Silence to activate 2B

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Mik20000
Active

Silence to activate 2B

Post by Mik20000 »

Hi everyone

I'm trying to work out a way to activate the 2B when there is silence for a set amount of time. I'm not sure if this is possible and haven't found anything similar.

I've managed to find a nifty program RTV Silence Detection that seems to do some of what I'm thinking.

If silence is detected via a microphone, it launches a program of your choice. (no execution if there's sound/noise)

When sound is then picked up again, it shuts the program down.

What I'm stuck on is activating the 2B to "play" as soon as it executes. Basically to do a 2-3 second "shock" and then as soon as sound is picked up again to shut down.

I'm not sure if RTV Silence is the way to go or if there's another way but if anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

I guess for this to work it would be either via Commander 3 or Nigel's Estim Control/Server.

RTV Silence link: https://rtvsoftware.atlassian.net/wiki/ ... D/overview

Thanks πŸ‘

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Silence to activate 2B

Post by Stimaddict »

Mik20000 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:09 pm I guess for this to work it would be either via Commander 3 or Nigel's Estim Control/Server.
Not necessarily. If you connect your 2B's audio cable to your computer all of the work would be done by your computer's microphone and audio card. You could then use RTV Silence to instruct the 'puter to play whatever file or tone you like (I think). Don't be fooled if I sound like I know what I'm talking about :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We could do a silence mode on the 2B, but its too easy to make noise to ensure that it doesn't trigger. Its a bit like a non motion mode on the remote, again difficult to ensure its the right type of non motion to trigger an output

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
0S3v3n
Active

Post by 0S3v3n »

Well you could set something like gating in C value like in the old microphone mode. The D value determines after how long of silence a signal is applied. Or alternatively use the D value to determine how long the sound has to last so the output stops.
Regards
Zero

E-Stim Systems 2B | DG-Lab Coyote
Mik20000
Active

Post by Mik20000 »

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I'm not that good with the technical stuff yet. New to the 2B as well as a bit challenged on the maths and waves and the stuff hehe :)

However I did manage to get things to work with the idea Stimaddict suggested by using the Audio Cable.
  • Basically, start up the RTV Silence Detection app that uses the Mic via the Computer. In this case it's a cheap Headphones/Mic set that connects via USB
  • The 2B is linked to the Computer via the Audio Cable and set on Stereo with predetermined settings on A and/or B
  • Begin the Silence Detection by the RTV App.
  • As long as there is sound, nothing happens. The RTV Silence Detection app allows for noise/silence sensitivity which is very useful in this scenario.
  • Once silence is detected (depending on time settings in the RTV app) it then launches the Audio App that plays an MP3.
  • At that stage the 2B kicks in and it does its thing.
  • If noise is picked up by the Microphone, then the Audio App gets shut down by the RTV app.
  • The 2B awaits patiently till the next moment of silence to do its thing.
There's a few settings in the RTV App that need fiddling with but other than that, pretty smooth process.

Very rarely the RTV App doesn't shut down the Audio App once noise is detected but I'm not sure if this is due to my mic being a really cheap one. Will test with a better mic at some stage.
Last edited by Mik20000 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

It’s a 2B!!!!

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Huh? What happened to Mike's follow up post? It disappeared.
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

Stimaddict wrote:Huh? What happened to Mike's follow up post? It disappeared.
I think it got missed on the moderation, but I saw it hence my reply.... now approved

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk