Crunching connectors

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
BluePippa
Active

Crunching connectors

Post by BluePippa »

Received the 2B last week and not impressed with any of the connections.. when you plug anything into the box (channel A or B or audio) it’s not smooth and there is a crunch as the plug goes in.. Also the power lead falls out, so unless you hold it in place the box resets every now and then.. Did I get a “friday arvo” machine or is this normal ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

admin
Site Admin

Re: Crunching connectors

Post by admin »

BluePippa wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:15 pm Received the 2B last week and not impressed with any of the connections.. when you plug anything into the box (channel A or B or audio) it’s not smooth and there is a crunch as the plug goes in.. Also the power lead falls out, so unless you hold it in place the box resets every now and then.. Did I get a “friday arvo” machine or is this normal ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We generally don' have 'friday arvo', issues as the units are made in batches across days and everything is tested fully before dispatch. The output connectors do sometimes make a noise when connecting, I'd describe them more as a click than a crunching sound as they do need to connect and ensure the output cable does not fall out. They are also made in the millions as are almost a universal connector, so again not something that normally crunches when connected. The power plug also has a sprung loaded contact but I've never ever seen one just fall out at a touch - again they are sprung loaded and are standard connectors - are you sure you are pushing it in far enough?

Have you had a chat with the support team?

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Are you using the 'official' E-Stim Systems mains adapter? It has a longer jack plug than usual so standard, non-genuine 12v adapters are likely to fall out.
Ohms
Active

Post by Ohms »

I put my 2B in my phone/tablet stand for ease of use, as it leaves the display facing me and keeps everything nice and cool. It leaves the power cable at the bottom dangling and I've never once had it fall out.