2B universal power supply- must have?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
joannesReviews
Active Developer

Re: 2B universal power supply- must have?

Post by joannesReviews »

The 2B is fantastic on battery power, especially for beginners. The only downside to running it on batteries is that especially on long sessions the output power tends to slowly drop as the batteries run down. The 12V power adaptor turns it into a beast though and the extra 30% does come in handy if you are running larger electrodes or you are an electro-slut LOL. ;)

Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

admin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:04 pm
psidt wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:03 am Yeah, definitely get the power supply. The battery output is not enough (even for a beginner). Especially when running both channels simultaneously, both of them get kind of muted/cut down and the levels do not remain constant when on battery.
For many people running on battery is enough for a beginner

Si

Having played with the e-stim remote I was pleasantly surprised how punchy it is, 9v powered.

I got into a routine of always using the mains with the 2b and it was becoming a chore to run an extension lead to plug in the power adapter.

That being said, I've pretty much abandoned use of "conductive rubber" loops in favour of metal machined electrodes.

The difference is night/day.

I appreciate you should change conductive rubber often as it degrades... but with l metal electrodes, I find the 2b on battery power is plenty for 2-3 hours

Note: I use rechargeable 9v batteries and put a freshly charged battery in for each session..

Untethered from the wall socket is is a great feeling.
Jab8
Active

Post by Jab8 »

I second, or third the “night and day” statement. The difference is absolutely worth being tethered to a power cord. Especially for the longer audio files.

Now if I could rig up a power input for my pebble….
Stimbuddy
Active

Post by Stimbuddy »

When I bought my 2B, I made sure to get the pro package cause I knew that getting batteries, and disposing of them would be a hassle for me, and I'm just gonna echo what the other people say in here, it's night and day with the UPS, it can be a real shocking experience ;)
masterko1976
Active

Post by masterko1976 »

the best must have
TommyD
Active

Post by TommyD »

Hi there,
It is definitely a must have, I got mine a fortnight ago and can only say that the additional investment was definitely worth it.
In contrast to battery operation, the output power is constantly constant, especially during longer sessions.
I haven't used the plus of 30% more power yet, but it's always good to know that something is still possible.
The only drawback is that you have the feeling that you are integrated in a test setup, especially when you use a 3-phase setup together with an audio file and the adapter.
There is a lot of cables around :-)
TheMarve11
Active

Post by TheMarve11 »

I'm bearing this thread in mind for when I pick up my 2B - certainly seems like getting the triphase cable as well will help to cut down on the number of wires. Looking forward to not being reliant on batteries that seem to always die just when you least want them to :lol:
Ronfire7
Active Developer

Post by Ronfire7 »

I have had good results with the rechargeable Lit-ion batteries as long as they start with a full charge. The 2b power supply does deliver more power.
naaitsab
Active

Post by naaitsab »

Another alternative to keep it mobile is to create a beefy 12V input from a number of 18650 rechargeable cells, with a controller board. Do keep in mind no-brand Chinaware for the cells and charger/module is not recommended. Weighs a lot more than a 9V but should give a lot more power.
mummiob
Active

Post by mummiob »

I use an amazon echo dot and the power supply behind a zigbee power switch as extra emergency power off (no battery in unit) when
using it in self bondage situations. Using the echo behind the switch i can't reactivate the power supply after switching off until removing bondage,
because the echo is unavailable, too.

It was usefull in situations where one electrode had lost contact to sensible areas, which only hurts when after movement contact is only small or nothing