2B universal power supply- must have?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Davespages
Active Developer

Re: 2B universal power supply- must have?

Post by Davespages »

Question: related to the power intensities...

Ive owned my 2b for about 10 months, use it twice or 3 times a week.... And i ALWAYS use the mains adaptor.
In fact the original 9v battery provided by e-stim is still half full.

I have firmware 2.106... and in stereo mode the power intensity seems to peak at 40% on both channels.... going higher makes no difference. Is this the limit in stereo mode?

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Davespages wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:55 pm ...and in stereo mode the power intensity seems to peak at 40% on both channels.... going higher makes no difference. Is this the limit in stereo mode?
That probably is your personal max-out limit but if you can get there you are a warrior-class stimmer!

In Stereo mode the numbers in the LCD depend on the input volume. So the more you increase the volume the more the perceived power/intensity. But if the volume is too high it will distort the stimfile so you need to balance the power knobs -vs- input volume to get it right. To me that happens with the LCD power reading at around 26 to 30 but that depends on electrodes used and positioning. For example butt trodes draw a fair amount of power due to their large surface area.

I am a complete power junkie (MMmmmm... gimme that mo'fukkin power!) but even at my personal comfort limit there is always a little more power available. I don't think I've ever maxed-out in 2B Stereo mode, although I can easily do that with my ET312.
josesmoe
Active

Post by josesmoe »

As others have said main power is the way to go. Batteries lose voltage over time and output less, even rechargable ones. That's why once you replace the battery in your old phone it'll start to run like new
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

Stimaddict wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:35 am
Davespages wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:55 pm ...and in stereo mode the power intensity seems to peak at 40% on both channels.... going higher makes no difference. Is this the limit in stereo mode?
That probably is your personal max-out limit but if you can get there you are a warrior-class stimmer!

In Stereo mode the numbers in the LCD depend on the input volume. So the more you increase the volume the more the perceived power/intensity. But if the volume is too high it will distort the stimfile so you need to balance the power knobs -vs- input volume to get it right. To me that happens with the LCD power reading at around 26 to 30 but that depends on electrodes used and positioning. For example butt trodes draw a fair amount of power due to their large surface area.

I am a complete power junkie (MMmmmm... gimme that mo'fukkin power!) but even at my personal comfort limit there is always a little more power available. I don't think I've ever maxed-out in 2B Stereo mode, although I can easily do that with my ET312.

I easily max out the 2b in stereo mode with a large flo butt trode.

But one time I also maxed it with a urethral electrode.
After a very long stim session (4 hours and 2 HFO's) I tried my absolute hardest for a 3rd... but not even electric was working... i did indeed max my 2b out (plugged into the mains) in stereo mode on thr urethral eureka.
Also bounce set to 2:90 and 100% on both chanels
Woocheap

Post by Woocheap »

Stimaddict wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:41 pm Here's why you should NEVER use a cheap Chinese PSU...

Thank You [STIMADDICT] for remind me to not use cheap chit power supply as I just order one from E-Stim and still waiting as hopeful get it soon!
NaturalDeam
Active

Post by NaturalDeam »

When I bought my 2b it bought the kit with the power supply supply. I am so glad I did, what a difference it makes.

If you haven't bought a 2b yet but you're going to be sure to get the power adapter right away. It's very much worth it!
Munro24
Active

Post by Munro24 »

I remember that after changing the original 9V battery, even though the display did indicate it was almost full to begin with, I got a litte more power. So I would think that there are differences between one 9V battery to another, and between 100% full and 50% or 75% full.

In general, as others here have indicated, the max power you need depends a lot on the electrodes used. Like, if you use electrodes on the nipples with a rather small contact surface, the battery will surely suffice to torture post people.

Especially if you use the 2B with someone else, the power supply will surely add the nice aspect or mind fuck that you know that it always could get a little stronger.

I would buy the original power supply any time again.
sjg1087
Active

Post by sjg1087 »

Huge difference for me using the power adapter. Goes from no where near enough on battery to too much on AC, real quick. :-)
psidt
Active

Post by psidt »

Yeah, definitely get the power supply. The battery output is not enough (even for a beginner). Especially when running both channels simultaneously, both of them get kind of muted/cut down and the levels do not remain constant when on battery.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

psidt wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:03 am Yeah, definitely get the power supply. The battery output is not enough (even for a beginner). Especially when running both channels simultaneously, both of them get kind of muted/cut down and the levels do not remain constant when on battery.
For many people running on battery is enough for a beginner

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd