2b universal power supply

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Andypandy
Active

2b universal power supply

Post by Andypandy »

Hello!

Ive had the 2B for about a year now only using batteries. They have been working fine for me, but I do drain them and batteries are expensive, so I bought the power supply from e-stim for use with 2B.

My concern is the safety. What are the safety measures built into the 2B and the power supply that e-stim sells?
I just need some reassurance before I get going. Last thing I want is having my newly bought WMCBP inside me running 230V mains power. I stim alone, so no safety net in another person.

Thanks for the replies in advance,

admin
Site Admin

Re: 2b universal power supply

Post by admin »

You have isolation within the power supply, as well as a number of design elements within that are designed to fail safe - in order words failure would result in no output. The 2B also has isolated outputs within the 2B, so to have an issue you would need the mains power supply to catastrophically fail, and the 2B isolation all to fail at the same time. And that is before any protection you have in your house consumer supply designed to protect you from shocks - (Earth Leakage breakers etc).

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Deltus1
Active Developer

Post by Deltus1 »

Hi Andypandy,

maybe this is interesting for you:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10086&hilit=power+bank

D.
Greetings Deltus

---
DeepL helps me with the translation.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

What are the implications for the 2B warranty of using a power bank such as the one suggested by Deltus?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Strictly speaking using a non approved power source could invalidate your lifetime guarantee. But we do try to be reasonable.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
metalrodinmyrod
Active

Post by metalrodinmyrod »

I have the power supply that I bought with the kit and use in US and feel it's extremely safe to use. I haven't ever used it with batteries yet since 1 session would probably drain them down to nothing right away! :D
NylonNicole

Post by NylonNicole »

I want to use an external power supply also. From my point of view I can use a standart (good quality) power supply. The needed voltage is 12V DC correct?

Markus
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

NylonNicole wrote:I want to use an external power supply also. From my point of view I can use a standart (good quality) power supply. The needed voltage is 12V DC correct?

Markus
We always recommend you use a genuine E-Stim systems power supply as it has the correct safety isolation, has been tested and approved by us, and has the correct connections. Using a non approved power supply could damage your 2B, could damage yourself and will invalidate your lifetime guarantee.

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

NylonNicole wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:51 am I want to use an external power supply also. From my point of view I can use a standart (good quality) power supply. The needed voltage is 12V DC correct?
Safety is what it's all about which is why you should only use the genuine E-Stim Systems PSU. E-Stim Systems have a legal responsibility to ensure the complete safety of their products for the *intended* purpose. Their PSU is Class II double-insulated and has been rigorously tested. Nobody with a brain would risk using a cheaper alternative.

Here's why you should NEVER use a cheap Chinese PSU...

NylonNicole

Post by NylonNicole »

understood, I odered the original one

Nicole