Power supply and 9v battery

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
HellBlob
Active

Power supply and 9v battery

Post by HellBlob »

Hey,
I just received the original power supply for the 2B, now my question is, should I remove the 9v battery when using the power supply, or can it remain in the unit?

KayEstim
Staff

Re: Power supply and 9v battery

Post by KayEstim »

There is no need to remove the battery if you are going to use the 2B with the Mains Adaptor, but we would recommend if you are not using it on batteries then you are best off removing it.
Kay
Sales Director
E-Stim Systems
HellBlob
Active

Post by HellBlob »

Ok thanks
Buzz
Active

Post by Buzz »

I have always used batteries, rather than a power supply. Apart from the obvious that the battery goes flat, are there any advantages to the power supply?
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Buzz wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:52 pm ...are there any advantages to the power supply?
Fuck me, yes. You *really* need the mains PSU, an essential accessory IMHO. It offers a 30% power boost and stabilizes the supply. Your 2B literally jumps to life when running on 12v.
Buzz
Active

Post by Buzz »

This I better invest in one then!
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

I second what Stimaddict says. The battery option should only be seen as a last resort for when you can't use the mains adaptor (e.g. wanting to play outside or on the move).

Whenever I've used battery power, I've found it tails off so gradually I don't really notice until I just want that extra burst to get me over the edge and... there's nothing there. Also, if using electrodes with larger contact areas (thinking especially of anal insertables), they tend to drain the power from the other channel, meaning that turning one channel up results in a loss of sensation on the other. Using the mains adaptor avoids both those problems.
Coolmessage
Active

Post by Coolmessage »

Also from my point of view, the battery option is only a good alternative for mobile use of the device.
The gain in performance with the original power supply unit is unbelievable!
Make sure that the electrodes have a good contact surface.
skboy69
Active

Post by skboy69 »

since the time the battery died in the middle of a very good edging session, I always use power supply !