Anyone else get no signal on Channel B with stereo files?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Vitoo69

Anyone else get no signal on Channel B with stereo files?

Post by Vitoo69 »

I've tried multiple stereo stim files from this forum over the years (including Bastard, Riding Home, etc.) and music files on my 2B using several different audio input cables and Channel B never shows any regular signal input. Do stereo stim files and music only register on Channel A or do I have a defective unit? Very disappointed here!

Ronfire7
Active Developer

Re: Anyone else get no signal on Channel B with stereo files?

Post by Ronfire7 »

My 2B registers on both channels. Have you tried a reset or even reprogram the 2B.
Send an email to E-stim and see about getting some help of repaired if need be.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

If channel B works on your other modes then your unit isn't defective. What audio player are you using?

The first thing to check is that your stereo cable is *fully* inserted at both ends, particularly into the 2B. It should go in with a firm 'click'. If that's ok then you need to try playing audio through another device, e.g. an mp3 player. You should also try using a different stereo cable.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

I had similar problems with the response on one channel, until I realised that the phone I was using to play my MP3 files was in a protective case, which was preventing the jack going fully home into the audio output socket, although it wasn't really obvious from looking at it. Once I'd removed the phone from the case, the problem went away.
jimuk
Active

Post by jimuk »

I had this issue when I was trying to play audio files from my Asus laptop. It was possibly something to do with either the socket itself as it was an all in one headphone/mic socket or the software player. I recall trying a 3rd party player and I think it worked ok. I then tried a dedicated MP3 player and then all worked fine so ended up using that instead as it was a little more convenient than having a laptop in my play area.
Ohms
Active

Post by Ohms »

Sometimes I have to wiggle the input cable at the 2B before channel B starts to work.
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

Had the same issue, channel B sometimes working, sometimes not.

I used my phone (Samsung S9) and the issue is down to the 4-pin multi jack as the headphone jack incorporates a microphone pin for a headset.

You are by far best using a standalone mp3 player. I purchased a cheap £15 8gb mp3 player and its simple but very effective. The only downside to a cheap mp3 player is mine only has 20 hours battery life... now you would think thats plenty but I've found that if i forget to charge it... its only 4 or 5 sessions and its flat :(
Very frustrating when I am ready for a session and its flat.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Davespages wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:37 pm Very frustrating when I am ready for a session and its flat.
Eeeek! The nightmare scenario. I know it's obsessive but I keep a second mp3 player nearby just in case! :roll:
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

Stimaddict wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:01 am
Davespages wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:37 pm Very frustrating when I am ready for a session and its flat.
Eeeek! The nightmare scenario. I know it's obsessive but I keep a second mp3 player nearby just in case! :roll:
Now there's an idea :mrgreen:
StereoStim
Active

Post by StereoStim »

Davespages wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:37 pm I used my phone (Samsung S9) and the issue is down to the 4-pin multi jack as the headphone jack incorporates a microphone pin for a headset.
For phones it is recommendable to use a headphone microphone splitter https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-POSUG ... B079PJL14Y
Ohms wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:02 am Sometimes I have to wiggle the input cable at the 2B before channel B starts to work.
I too had this issue with the supplied audio cable, used another cable and all is OK. Today, i did a closer inspection of the supplied audio cable and note that the metal 3.5mm plug is not square to the cable's end plastic molding. Just roll the plastic on a flat surface and observe the plug wobble.
Have fun with audio served by E-Stereo.com