third set of cables easily broken again...help!

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
HiddenKink
Active

third set of cables easily broken again...help!

Post by HiddenKink »

Does anyone have any suggestions for stronger cables from the 2b box to the standard insertables they also sell on the store?

Simply put, the ones on the store here are rubbish for anything other than very light use - if you are using in bondage with a partner and they are moved about a little (I’m not talking about tugging on them or anything, just what I would consider “normal” use - then the tiny wires inside the very very thin cables fray and break. Once that happens the power transmission is drastically reduced or cut off.

I’ve purchased three sets now and they have all done the same thing after a few months of using once a week or so.

https://store.e-stim.co.uk/index.php?ma ... ucts_id=18
(these are the offending little buggers)

Does anyone know of any compatible, thicker, maybe braided, cables please?

Help!

The 2b box with an insertable, and a cock-loop inside a leather body bag leads to the the most soul crushing (in a good way) orgasms - but you don’t know until you are in bondage whether when you turn up the power that the cables are buggered (when frayed they transmit some power, but not on higher power!) Session ruined.

looking forward to any help from you awesome lot!

thank you!

Deltus1
Active Developer

Re: third set of cables easily broken again...help!

Post by Deltus1 »

Maybe they are more stable, I haven't tried them yet:

https://www.seriouskitshop.com/cables-a ... rol-boxes/
Greetings Deltus

---
DeepL helps me with the translation.
HiddenKink
Active

Post by HiddenKink »

Deltus1 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:14 pm Maybe they are more stable, I haven't tried them yet:

https://www.seriouskitshop.com/cables-a ... rol-boxes/
Thank you - coiled cable ones look good! I’ve purchased some this morning and will try them out.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Seems Serious Kit has upgraded their website a lot! I’ve bought from them before a few years ago, just didn’t think to see if they had their own cables! (their milking machines are as awesome as their outstanding customer service!)
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Realistically all estim output cables should be regarded as consumables, like the tyres on your car they will need replacing on a regular basis. Cheap cables are false economy. They usually have a filament core and don't last 5 minutes. Personally I've found the E-Stim Systems cables to be the most durable.
HiddenKink
Active

Post by HiddenKink »

Stimaddict wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:20 am Realistically all estim output cables should be regarded as consumables, like the tyres on your car they will need replacing on a regular basis. Cheap cables are false economy. They usually have a filament core and don't last 5 minutes. Personally I've found the E-Stim Systems cables to be the most durable.
Thanks - I’ve found the opposite unfortunately, the e-stim system cables are the weakest for the price in my experience. I don’t mind “changing the tyres”, but not every month...
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

HiddenKink wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:54 pm Thanks - I’ve found the opposite unfortunately, the e-stim system cables are the weakest for the price in my experience. I don’t mind “changing the tyres”, but not every month...
You did originally say they lasted a "few months" and AFAIAA E-Stim Systems will replace them if they break within 12 months. I know they replaced my PSU f.o.c. after 11 months when a solder broke on the cable at the jack plug.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cables are classed as consumables like pads as they are used and abused in such a harsh environment - constant twisting, bending and pulling, so we cover then for 3 months.

If we make them thicker people complain, if they are thinner they break and people complain. We use the same cables in our own play and our daily test rigs and they seem to happily last 6-12 months with no issues. and I know people sometime complain, but when we check they have had 4 cables in 5 years... and others expect then to be covered with a lifetime guarantee. We could go the Kevlar or silicon route but then they would be stupidly priced. I notice that another manufacture of kit charges double for a silicon cable, and nearly 4 times the price for a coiled cable.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

admin wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:24 pm If we make them thicker people complain, if they are thinner they break and people complain.
Everyone complains, it's human nature. Few give credit where it's due and I must say I've never known a better company for after-sales service than E-Stim Systems. You guys really seem to care. If that sounds nauseatingly sycophantic then so be it.
UKRubberguy
Active

Post by UKRubberguy »

So I just want to check, you are bitching about a £14 cable that has a custom moulded right angle connector so as a replacement you buy a £38 cable that has straight connectors? Surely they are not a replacement for each other.

Personally I have had the Low Profile cable from E-Stim Systems in both the older version and the newer one with the nice moulded plugs for years and not had any issues with breaking cables. I guess I use the cables a couple of times a week and I have used them under multiple layers of latex or leather and bondage and I have never broken a cable so if you are continually breaking them I would suggest you are the problem and not the cable, and to call them rubbish is a bit strong and your classification of "normal" use I would suggest is rubbish as many people (I would suggest the majority) don't use the cables under bondage so to suggest your use is normal when it is in the minority is ridiculous.

Sounds to me like you spend way more money on other things to be bitching about a £14 cable breaking after a couple of months, after all that cable is about the cost of a couple of posh coffees and certainly a lot cheaper than the other stuff you buy and a couple of months of use seems fine to me, but as I say I have never managed to break a cable and I have used them in some pretty extreme scenarios with plenty of struggling.

Good luck with your heavy duty, straight connector cable, just hope you don't damage any of your bondage gear.
Specksstim
Active

Post by Specksstim »

I have a set of those cables and they have been fine. Could be a dodgy batch?

Also, while we're on cables, after rolling my own for some time, badly, I stumped up for an E-Stim Systems tri-phase cable and I find that to be sold build quality, reliable and I think will last for years.