Triphase with 2 cables

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
ErikM1972
Active

Triphase with 2 cables

Post by ErikM1972 »

Hello there,

O already tried the triphase setup, with the 2 black plugs connected to 1 cockring as the common.
Can someone tell me if you can connect the common also with 1 red and 1 black plug. So + and - from A and B as common?

Hope you understand what I mean

Maarten

Davespages
Active Developer

Re: Triphase with 2 cables

Post by Davespages »

ErikM1972 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:31 pm Hello there,

O already tried the triphase setup, with the 2 black plugs connected to 1 cockring as the common.
Can someone tell me if you can connect the common also with 1 red and 1 black plug. So + and - from A and B as common?

Hope you understand what I mean

Maarten
With the 2 black plugs connected together at one point (the cockring) being your common electrode... the other 2 connections (red or yellow depending on your cables) should be separate.
These should go to separate electrodes in different positions.

If they go to the same point, you are just running two channels in parallel, two sets of stimulation running the same path.. i don't think it would be any more powerful...
joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews »

You can connect them in any combination as long as you never connect both plugs from the same wire together as that will create a short circuit and will potentially damage your control box. Experiment with different connections to different electrodes to work out which feels best for you and your play style.
Happy Stimming.
Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

There are four possible "triphase" wiring setups, with the common electrode connected as follows:

A black & B black

A red & B black

A black & B red

A red & B red

Some users maintain there's a difference in sensation between each of the four combinations, but I've never experimented sufficiently to confirm that.

As Joanne says, just so long as you don't connect both leads from a single channel to the common electrode, you're free to experiment.
beem2713
Active

Post by beem2713 »

It does make a difference dependent on the source of the signal. If for example you had 2 identical sine waves, with common blacks the voltage between the red would be zero, the sinewaves are equal to each other. Now if you use one red and one black as common, the signals between the black and red leads is double the voltage because they are equal but opposite signals.

This situation is unlikely to occur in general use but I have had a few surprises on the pseudo third channel when they are effectively put in series. On my home made unit I have a three position switch, centre = normal stereo operation, up = black common, down = A black and B red are common. The switch allows instant change over between commons and there is definitely a different feel most of the time.

J
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

mrbutt89 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:13 am Some users maintain there's a difference in sensation between each of the four combinations, but I've never experimented sufficiently to confirm that.
I have, and have found no discernible difference. Stim boxes use a kind of alternating current waveform so there is NO positive or negative (+ or -)
For the "Common" electrode you can connect two red cables, two blacks, or one red and one black - so long as they are from different channels.

As a rule of thumb with a TriPhase setup the "Common" electrode should be where you want the most stimulation. For me that's usually the glans, but if you like ball stimming you can position the Common trode there. The Common can be ANY electrode - a Conductive Rubber loop, a pad, a metal cock ring or a butt plug.

viewtopic.php?p=15639#p15639
viewtopic.php?p=18410#p18410
beem2713
Active

Post by beem2713 »

Stimaddict wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:15 pm I have, and have found no discernible difference.
I assure you with certain files / waveforms / routines there most definitely is. If for example you two identical sine waves, in phase at the same level there would be no voltage on the third 'pseudo' channel when the black are common'd. If you then change to a black and a red as the common the two sine waves are added together doubling the voltage.
Stim boxes use a kind of alternating current waveform so there is NO positive or negative (+ or -)
They do indeed use alternating current but for the purposes of analysing whats going on a snapshot is taken and voltages are stable, effectively DC (one is positive and the other is negative with respect to each other) at that point in time.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

beem2713 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:57 pm It does make a difference dependent on the source of the signal. If for example you had 2 identical sine waves, with common blacks the voltage between the red would be zero, the sinewaves are equal to each other. Now if you use one red and one black as common, the signals between the black and red leads is double the voltage because they are equal but opposite signals.
Yes, that certainly makes sense.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

beem2713 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:52 am I assure you with certain files / waveforms / routines there most definitely is.
I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying I've not felt it myself. Nor have I ever really experienced the "True Triphase" sensation even using the phasing routines on the ET312.

Any DC effect that shows up on an oscilloscope is momentary and inconsequential. At the risk of getting way too technical there are many ways to explain what positive and negative means in an AC context. By definition Alternating Current is an electric current that reverses its direction many times a second at regular intervals, typically used in household power supplies. When it comes to stimming we are talking about waveform output. Proper estim signals are Alternating Current (AC), which is not considered to have polarity because the polarity reverses so rapidly. This is called "biphasic".

Erotic stim units, including the 2B, have biphasic (AC) output, which changes polarity once for each pulse of the waveform. The beginning and ending half-pulses must be opposite polarity, usually beginning with a positive waveform half and ending with a negative waveform half. Biphasic waveforms have two phases, an active phase and a balancing phase. In the active phase positive current travels into the tissue, and during the balancing phase negative current returns. A mirror image of the waveform at one electrode occurs at the other electrode.

What this means is that red or black wires on either channel (A or B) of the 2B have equal positive and negative "pulses" so the wires are interchangeable, i.e. they have no polarity. Some output cables don't have different colours to avoid this confusion.
beem2713
Active

Post by beem2713 »

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong :D

I totally agree that for most situations and routines it will make little difference, that little difference can be sensed though, with some routines it makes a huge difference.