2B died

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Ronfire7
Active Developer

2B died

Post by Ronfire7 »

First off let me say this post is in no way meant to reflect badly on E-Stim.

I had my 2B acting weird with small power spikes and then low power in channel B. I did not think much of it figuring it was a low battery. Next time I used it channel a would not work, so I thought first off a problem with the leads. Switched a/b leads also tried other leads, still nothing on A. Figured I would reset, no go. Installed new program and reset, still nothing. I sent E-Stim an email and had a prompt reply to send it back for warranty. I understand that you will not kill the 2B with triphase connections.
Shipped it out today, I hope they will let me know what the problem was.
At least I still have my Pebble to use.

mrbutt89
Active Developer

Re: 2B died

Post by mrbutt89 »

Thank goodness for the lifetime warranty! I hope it won't be long before you get your 2B back or a replacement for it.
whovian
Active

Post by whovian »

I wonder what killed it. Mine sometimes has made strange noises when the contacts have not been 100% and wonder if this could damage it?
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

Ronfire7 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:16 am First off let me say this post is in no way meant to reflect badly on E-Stim.

I had my 2B acting weird with small power spikes and then low power in channel B. I did not think much of it figuring it was a low battery. Next time I used it channel a would not work, so I thought first off a problem with the leads. Switched a/b leads also tried other leads, still nothing on A. Figured I would reset, no go. Installed new program and reset, still nothing. I sent E-Stim an email and had a prompt reply to send it back for warranty. I understand that you will not kill the 2B with triphase connections.
Shipped it out today, I hope they will let me know what the problem was.
At least I still have my Pebble to use.
I'm a paid member of the "i killed my 2b and had to return it for repair" club.

I totally killed mine, something regarding the power delivery/supply as the unit stopped functioning completely.

Previous to this, I had been in waterfall mode, increased the feel and slowed the rate/speed right down... this in effect delivers more power... too much power as it would seem.

I quick call to Estim Mick, an RMA number later and I shipped my unit off on the Monday. Despite 2020 and covid-19 I had my unit back on the Friday... very fast turn around.

Huge kudos to thr E-Sttim systems team... the customer service (and lifetime guarantee) is second to none.
Ronfire7
Active Developer

Post by Ronfire7 »

Well I think I killed on channel of my 2B again. Will check it out further today. Was running on battery and them plugged it into the main, turned up the controls and found 1 channel dead. When I removed the battery I found a smell of burned electronics. Might just stick with my pebble, have not been a big fan of the 2B with the problems twice now. Find I can achieve a HFO easier with the Pebble.. Update..well channel A is dead, have sent an email to E-Stim.
Ronfire7
Active Developer

Post by Ronfire7 »

Would switching the A&B cables while the 2B is turned on cause it to burn out a channel?
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Ronfire7 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:16 am Would switching the A&B cables while the 2B is turned on cause it to burn out a channel?
No, there's inbuilt protection against that sort of thing. I'm also a member of the "i killed my 2B and had to return it for repair" club. Channel B died on my original 2B although I don't think I did anything wrong. "Saint" Mick sent me a brand new unit by return.
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

Stimaddict wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:54 pm
Ronfire7 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:16 am Would switching the A&B cables while the 2B is turned on cause it to burn out a channel?
No, there's inbuilt protection against that sort of thing. I'm also a member of the "i killed my 2B and had to return it for repair" club. Channel B died on my original 2B although I don't think I did anything wrong. "Saint" Mick sent me a brand new unit by return.
My theory here is that I think channel B gets more abuse... sustained high intensity.

Most audio files and electrode setups are geared up for chanel A = Penis
Chanel B = Bottom/Backside (Anal butt plug)
And inheritantly butt plugs have a larger surface area so feel less intense... so we drive a bit more power through them...

My solution was to buy a 2nd 2B unit.
I use one unit for an hour or so and then swap over units.
This allows much longer sessions and it allows one unit to cool down.... this is particularly important in an edging session where we have gradually increased the intensity to keep on edge but not cum... then for the finish we want to crank it up and thats best done on a cold unit... rather than one thats already warm from sustained use.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Davespages wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:25 am My solution was to buy a 2nd 2B unit.
I have a pair of 2B's for several reasons. Firstly I love my 2B so much why settle for just one? One 2B makes me happy. Two 2B's makes me happy *and* secure coz I know there is always a back up on hand.

Second reason is because I keep two different firmware versions, v2.106 (still my fave) on one and v2.122B on the other. That way I can do side-by-side comparisons, fun experiments and different play scenarios. And thirdly I do occasionally use them both together. Variety is the spice of life and, when I'm feeling adventurous, having two 2B's working in tandem on my body is something else.

Back to the original topic, the main point is the Lifetime Guarantee and the dedicated back up service is worth its weight in gold. Where else can you find that? There are thousands of broken Erostek ET312's gathering dust because their owners can't get them fixed, or even get the parts. That will never happen if you own a 2B.

Not being sycophantic but we owe the guys at ESS a big thank you for that.
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

Stimaddict wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:35 am
Davespages wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:25 am My solution was to buy a 2nd 2B unit.
I have a pair of 2B's for several reasons. Firstly I love my 2B so much why settle for just one? One 2B makes me happy. Two 2B's makes me happy *and* secure coz I know there is always a back up on hand.

Second reason is because I keep two different firmware versions, v2.106 (still my fave) on one and v2.122B on the other. That way I can do side-by-side comparisons, fun experiments and different play scenarios. And thirdly I do occasionally use them both together. Variety is the spice of life and, when I'm feeling adventurous, having two 2B's working in tandem on my body is something else.

Back to the original topic, the main point is the Lifetime Guarantee and the dedicated back up service is worth its weight in gold. Where else can you find that? There are thousands of broken Erostek ET312's gathering dust because their owners can't get them fixed, or even get the parts. That will never happen if you own a 2B.

Not being sycophantic but we owe the guys at ESS a big thank you for that.
Not sure where I read it, it may have been one of your posts... but I read that the ET312 has been discontinued because they can no longer get the components... which by design is over 20 years old.

ESS team, Absolutely 💯 % agree.

I know Mick must be sick of my emails as he's on the front line email but his service is absolutely spot on, I've never had customer service like that. On both occasions for my 2b being repaired Mick has been spot on.
He even helped when I purchased an electrode that was clearly sized wrong (for me) and unopened I was able to return.

Their products are good products, even though sometimes there is the odd issue..
But the Lifetime Guarantee and Customer service really sets them apart from the competition and even other companies In other sectors (not the sex toy sector) The service is simply second to none!