2B acting strange

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
willy123wonka
Active

2B acting strange

Post by willy123wonka »

Since a week or so my 2B reacts strange

The knobs are not responding as they should.
When I turn the power knob to the left to lower the power, sometimes the power goes up, with unpleasant results and sometimes it goes down but then goes up when I want to turn the power more down
This also goes for the adjust knob
Sometimes the knobs do not respond at all when I turn it down or up and then all of a sudden it responds and goes down or up while I am still turning the knob to lower the power or intensity

What can I do, because I no longer trust the output of the 2B anymore, since I had unpleasant results from powering up while trying to power it down

Regards

admin
Site Admin

Re: 2B acting strange

Post by admin »

Sounds like you have grime in the encoders.... It happens.... might be an idea to drop info@e-stim.co.uk an email

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
willy123wonka
Active

Post by willy123wonka »

Thanks,
Will do
Regards
Henk1957
Active

Post by Henk1957 »

Hello people.

I want to comment on this post. I am not familiar with the 2B but want to report something similar.

I once built a Stereo stim box for a friend and he also complained that the outputs were unreliable and sometimes the output suddenly got so high that it was unpleasant or even painful.
I then checked his box but his box was nothing wrong but with its connection cables.

Then what's going on.
When you stim with 2 channels with a common connection, currents are created in various directions between the connections. When due to a cable break, which is sometimes there or sometimes not, or because of a bad contact, those currents change and it can happen that the voltage between 2 electrodes suddenly doubles.
That was also the case with him, sometimes there was no contact between one of the connections and the electrode.

If you use your cables intensively, a wire break can easily occur. If this wire break is in the cores of the cord, and the insulation is still intact, then sometimes the conductive cores may or may not touch each other and you get the effect I mentioned.
(Making or not making contact is usually the case when the cable bends)
Also jack plugs are not the best connectors and can easily cause interference.

So my advice is : if you are having problems with your stuff check your cables and connections first because they are very fragile.

For example, connect only one channel and check with that one channel that everything works exactly as it should and move the cables and plugs to see if the signal accidentally drops. Do this with all cables, connectors and electrodes to exclude that it is not the connections, so outside the e-stim box.

Kind regards Henk
(translated with google translate)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Henk1957 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:26 am Hello people.

I want to comment on this post. I am not familiar with the 2B but want to report something similar.

I once built a Stereo stim box for a friend and he also complained that the outputs were unreliable and sometimes the output suddenly got so high that it was unpleasant or even painful.
I then checked his box but his box was nothing wrong but with its connection cables.

Then what's going on.
When you stim with 2 channels with a common connection, currents are created in various directions between the connections. When due to a cable break, which is sometimes there or sometimes not, or because of a bad contact, those currents change and it can happen that the voltage between 2 electrodes suddenly doubles.
That was also the case with him, sometimes there was no contact between one of the connections and the electrode.

If you use your cables intensively, a wire break can easily occur. If this wire break is in the cores of the cord, and the insulation is still intact, then sometimes the conductive cores may or may not touch each other and you get the effect I mentioned.
(Making or not making contact is usually the case when the cable bends)
Also jack plugs are not the best connectors and can easily cause interference.

So my advice is : if you are having problems with your stuff check your cables and connections first because they are very fragile.

For example, connect only one channel and check with that one channel that everything works exactly as it should and move the cables and plugs to see if the signal accidentally drops. Do this with all cables, connectors and electrodes to exclude that it is not the connections, so outside the e-stim box.

Kind regards Henk
(translated with google translate)
As you are not familiar with the 2B, I'm not sure how the effects of the controls can be considered to be similar. The 2B uses digital encoders for level and adjustments, and yes they do sometimes have issues with ingress of dirt giving inconsistent up/down count values. This is far from the effects caused by defective cables.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd