Creating your own audio files

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
hairylondoner
Active

Creating your own audio files

Post by hairylondoner »

Hello there,

Apologies if this is a stupid question.

I have found a few audio files here that have been great. But I was wondering, how can I go about creating my own? Aret here any recommended tools/instructions?

Many thanks,
hairylondoner

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Creating your own audio files

Post by Stimaddict »

Creating an audio file for stimming is like making a painting. You try different tecniques until you have something you like. Then you mess around and tweak it until you are satisfied with the results, but you never quite feel that it's finished.

As a start you need a good audio editor. There are several suitable ones, Goldwave is quite popular. I'd suggest you download and install WavePad from NCH Software. I recommend this audio editor because it is powerful, easy-to-use and completely free for home use:
https://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html

Next you need a Tone Generator like this one: https://www.nch.com.au/tonegen/index.html
Play around with it to get a feel of what's what.

The best ready-made tools are SS2 and SS4 software from the SmartStim forum. Unfortunately SmartStim no longer exists following the sad death of its owner, Climberr. However I do have the software and session files for anyone who wants them. Just PM me.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************
Just a reminder that *ANYONE* here is welcome to PM me for a download link to hundreds of free, shared mp3 stimfiles organized by author - some up to 4 hours long!
I cannot post the link here out of respect for this forum's Admin and board rules regarding direct links to other people's work.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Unlimited access to the Stimfile Archive with No fees, No registration required, No ads, No catches, No expiry date and No hidden motives.
hairylondoner
Active

Post by hairylondoner »

Thank you for very for all the details and for the quick reply, stimaddict. Much appreciated.

I'll have a go and see if I can manage to come up with anything decent. Will share here if I do.
Noel93
Active

Post by Noel93 »

this may help ….
Open Audacity. https://www.audacityteam.org
Choose GENERATE from the top Menu, then TONE in the list that appears.
A box pops up…set it to –
WAVEFORM – SINE
FREQUENCY – your choice…I use 396Hz
AMPLITUDE – 0.9 (gives just below Max power waveform)
DURATION – 00h 30m 00s (makes a file 30 minutes long)
Click OK…the Sine Waveform will be generated.

Next, click EFFECTS in top Menu. Scroll down the list that appears below, click TREMOLO.
A box pops up…set it to –
WAVEFORM TYPE – Sine
STARTING PHASE (degrees) – 0
WET LEVEL (percent) – 100
FREQUENCY (Hertz) – 0.3
Click OK…the Sine Wave will be modified to rise and fall from Zero too 100 percent Volume.

To Save this as a File, FILE, EXPORT, EXPORT AS MP3 (or WAV if you want)

You should now have a basic (Mono)ES pattern to use. To make a Stereo or Triphase pattern, simply repeat the above steps, but use a faster “rise and fall”, then combine the two files as Left and Right channels as a Stereo file.
Joining tracks to make a stereo track
Choosing “Make Stereo Track” from the Track Dropdown Menu of the upper track of a pair of mono, left or right channel tracks (in any combination) will combine those two tracks into one stereo track. The upper track will become the left channel of the stereo track and the lower track will become the right channel regardless of their current designation as mono, left or right.

If you use GENERATE, CHIRP, you can set a Start and End Frequency and Amplitude.
StereoStim
Active

Post by StereoStim »

hairylondoner wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:51 pm But I was wondering, how can I go about creating my own? Are there any recommended tools/instructions?
You could also try https://e-stereo.com which allows many adjustments to tune the stim audio to your mood and there is no time limit of an mp3 file.
Have fun with audio served by E-Stereo.com
hairylondoner
Active

Post by hairylondoner »

Thanks all for the info, much appreciated.