New to 2B – A Few Questions

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
switchitup

New to 2B – A Few Questions

Post by switchitup »

Received my 2B a few weeks ago and it's been great so far! I've noticed a few little quirks though and am wondering if these are normal or something is up with my unit.

First, sometimes the power knobs for the A & B channels seem to miss steps unless I rotate the knobs very slowly. However, sometimes it works as I would expect and I can turn the knobs as quickly as I like and the output level will respond quickly. Is this something other people are experiencing?

Second, I've noticed that if I am at a particular power level on channel A for example, and I begin to increase the power level on channel B, it feels like the power level of channel A decreases as a result. The % stays the same, but the feeling is significantly less. For example, if it's running on battery power and i have channel A at MAX and channel B at 0, the output is very strong for channel A. However, if I also bring channel B up to MAX then neither channel feels particularly strong. Is this normal? I've noticed that this seems to be more noticeable when running on battery as opposed to mains.

Last, when running on mains, the icon on the screen often seems to flicker rapidly between the battery icon and the mains icon. It feels like it stays on mains power, but I'm concerned that the power connection might not be seated properly. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks for your help!

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: New to 2B – A Few Questions

Post by Stimaddict »

switchitup wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:25 am First, sometimes the power knobs for the A & B channels seem to miss steps unless I rotate the knobs very slowly. However, sometimes it works as I would expect and I can turn the knobs as quickly as I like and the output level will respond quickly. Is this something other people are experiencing?
The power knobs on the 2B are digital and therefore software driven. Advantage is that you can't accidentally whack up the power suddenly to an unexpected, painful level. It's just something you get used to but if you think they are behaving peculiarly email E-Stim Systems Customer Services for advice - info@e-stim.co.uk
switchitup wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:25 am Second, I've noticed that if I am at a particular power level on channel A for example, and I begin to increase the power level on channel B, it feels like the power level of channel A decreases as a result. The % stays the same, but the feeling is significantly less.
All stim boxes have a finite limit of the power they can put out. When you reach the 2B's power limit don't turn your box up any higher. At that "maxed-out" point reducing the power on one channel will increase it on the other. The numbers shown in the LCD for power/intensity are relative - i.e. they depend on which mode you are using along with electrode type, size and positioning. For example 40 in 'Waterfall' mode feels similar in power to 25 in 'Throb'.
switchitup wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:25 am Last, when running on mains, the icon on the screen often seems to flicker rapidly between the battery icon and the mains icon. It feels like it stays on mains power, but I'm concerned that the power connection might not be seated properly. Is there something I can do to fix this?
Yes, that can happen sometimes. Not really sure why but your mains adapter will still work correctly.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

The smoothness of control with the power knobs is dependent on the amount of processing being done by the internal electronics at the time. For that reason, the response of the control knobs can be particularly patchy when using audio files. Less so when using something like the "Continuous" mode. The good news is that the latest Beta version of the software is better in this respect, so I'd expect you to see an improvement with the next full release.

The issue with the power decreasing on one channel when you increase the other channel is one of the main reasons why I avoid using battery power. I can't say I've ever noticed it when on mains power, which I always consider to be the standard power strategy unless there's some compelling reason why mains power cannot be used. However, I never get close to maximum power anyway on the mains, as it's so much stronger than battery power.

As I've said above, I don't usually use battery power with my 2B, so I never leave the battery in it. That's to guard against any potential battery leak and damage to the unit. As a result, I don't tend to pay much attention to what the battery indicator is doing. I'll have to have a look at it next time.
Estimmer2021
Active

Post by Estimmer2021 »

I have had some knob control issues (accidental pun) on my 2b with 2.106 firmware, especially when using Commander 3. Is this improved in the new beta firmware which I don't have access to yet.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

The latest beta does seem to work better in terms of level knob response. Don't expect perfection, but it's certainly a move in the right direction. You just have to remember not to turn the control too fast.
jl6564

Post by jl6564 »

Newbie here too, just wonder is there a 2B audio/mp3 files collection/Index thread?
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

jl6564 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:46 am Newbie here too, just wonder is there a 2B audio/mp3 files collection/Index thread?

Just a reminder that *ANYONE* here is welcome to PM me for a download link to hundreds of free, shared mp3 stimfiles organized by author - some up to 4 hours long! There is a monster 40 GB of audio files in total, enough to fry your cock every day until the year 2049!
I cannot post the link here out of respect for this forum's Admin and board rules regarding direct links to other people's work.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Unlimited access to the Stimfile Archive with No fees, No registration required, No ads, No catches, No expiry date and No hidden motives.
bl8312

Post by bl8312 »

switchitup wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:25 am Second, I've noticed that if I am at a particular power level on channel A for example, and I begin to increase the power level on channel B, it feels like the power level of channel A decreases as a result. The % stays the same, but the feeling is significantly less. For example, if it's running on battery power and i have channel A at MAX and channel B at 0, the output is very strong for channel A. However, if I also bring channel B up to MAX then neither channel feels particularly strong. Is this normal? I've noticed that this seems to be more noticeable when running on battery as opposed to mains.
I’m also very new to the 2B, but I can answer this one. Switch the wires on one channel. For lack of a better description, I put the (+) cable on a pad, (-) cable on a different pad for each channel. (I know it’s not a dedicated + or - per channel, but I don’t know the technicalities of what to call the separate wires). Let’s say both +’s are on your shaft, both -‘s are on your balls, and you get the diminished sensation when you turn up the power on the second channel, just switch the wires on one channel. I understand this isn’t “supposed” to happen in this manner, but I’ve experienced the same and this was the solution.