Will the 2B ever improve its stereo capabilities?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Spencer22444

Will the 2B ever improve its stereo capabilities?

Post by Spencer22444 »

I used a Davies box for a years which I loved. It gave such precise and detailed output when using mp3s.

But the only problem was the output wasn’t strong enough.

I bought a 2B which was super expensive, and while I’m impressed by the strength of the output, I have to say that the quality is just so poor.

There is no detail or clarity to the mp3s anymore. It feels like an elephant is just stomping around. There is no finesse. Speaking honestly, I’m really disappointed, and actually quite devastated over how much money I spent.

I have read that the 2B developers did this as a safety feature... omg! Seriously? Just unlock this - we are all grown adults. The market wants this. I can’t believe I’m using my home made Davey’s box - I’ve reverted back to my old system because I prefer quality over quantity :(

I hear there is a Beta firmware that has been released - has anyone tried it? Does it improve this?

Cheers.

estim_si
Staff

Re: Will the 2B ever improve its stereo capabilities?

Post by estim_si »

Interesting comments (and could be construed as insulting) but you make several assumptions. The 2B design philosophy was based around different concepts from the start - it’s never been designed as a stereo stim unit, it was designed to work for the majority of users and us who like to play with music… not monotonal screeches and drones.

The 2B is not a stereo stim unit never has been. But it has many 10s of 1000s of users who enjoy the audio capability of the 2B, so just because it’s different to what you expect does not make it wrong. The 2B is capable of things no Davy Box can do… PC control for instance but you concentrate on 1 out of 17 modes?

As a manufacturer we have to abide by legal restrictions and safety is at our core. When it comes to having worldwide product liability insurance the concept of ‘they are all adults’ just doesn’t wash. We know what our units are capable of we know the safety implications of e-stim design, something no hobby homebuilt unit has to consider.

Does the new firmware improve things yes we believe it does. And it continues to be improved. And are we looking at other improvements to the 2B? Of course we are, but things always take time to refine.

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Spencer22444 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:23 am There is no detail or clarity to the mp3s anymore. It feels like an elephant is just stomping around. There is no finesse.
Usually this is down to volume distortion and not learning to use it properly. For advice on using audio files in Stereo Mode see this post: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9670&p=14169#p14169
StereoStim
Active

Post by StereoStim »

Spencer22444 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:23 am ... and while I’m impressed by the strength of the output, I have to say that the quality is just so poor.

There is no detail or clarity to the mp3s anymore. It feels like an elephant is just stomping around. There is no finesse. ....
Yes, initially I too expected something different in stereo mode. There is no chance that the 2B can render the dramatic audio of Ravel's Bolero (Oh I do want to be brought to orgasm in sync to this musical master piece).

All is not lost, custom MP3 files do the stereo mode justice, or you could try my audio server, that is tunable to your mood.
Have fun with audio served by E-Stereo.com
metalrodinmyrod
Active

Post by metalrodinmyrod »

I just recently started using audio files. So far, I've only done mono audio. The 2B is out of this world with audio especially if you have some "killer cum" files. I started out stimming with a different brand power box. I used that one for a couple of months and then wanted the 2B after I learned it was updateable. This has been one of the best purchases made. This is not something I thought I would ever try. Boy, am I glad I did! Stimming is the only way to masturbate. Even the first time I tried stimming I had a HFO. I've never even tried with a battery. I bought the mains adapter as the more intense the current, the more I like it. I wish my husband were into this too as I'd like to have the power box driven by him. The older I get, the more kinky I've become since I love ball stretching, sounding, an penis plugs as well.
beem2713
Active

Post by beem2713 »

Spencer22444 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:23 am I used a Davies box for a years which I loved. It gave such precise and detailed output when using mp3s.

But the only problem was the output wasn’t strong enough.

I bought a 2B which was super expensive, and while I’m impressed by the strength of the output, I have to say that the quality is just so poor.

There is no detail or clarity to the mp3s anymore. It feels like an elephant is just stomping around. There is no finesse. Speaking honestly, I’m really disappointed, and actually quite devastated over how much money I spent.

I have read that the 2B developers did this as a safety feature... omg! Seriously? Just unlock this - we are all grown adults. The market wants this. I can’t believe I’m using my home made Davey’s box - I’ve reverted back to my old system because I prefer quality over quantity :(

I hear there is a Beta firmware that has been released - has anyone tried it? Does it improve this?

Cheers.
Exactly my findings and it took me a short time to understand that I really was mistaken about what the 2B design philosophy was. It was very clear that its processing destroyed a lot of detail in the Estim files and comparing it to a davy box or similar the experience was totally different. I do believe the rest of the 2B to be a decent bit of kit but it wasnt for me so I sold it. You say you were not impressed with the strength of output on a davy box, it's easy to use the same idea with a much greater output power, it can certainly make your eyes water LOL.
beem2713
Active

Post by beem2713 »

Stimaddict wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:36 pm
Spencer22444 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:23 am There is no detail or clarity to the mp3s anymore. It feels like an elephant is just stomping around. There is no finesse.
Usually this is down to volume distortion and not learning to use it properly. For advice on using audio files in Stereo Mode see this post: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9670&p=14169#p14169
I disagree, the 2B slugs the output and removes a lot of detail. I put mine on an oscilloscope to look at what it did it's akin to taking a landscape photo with a close up lens on the camera, comp[letely blurred due to the DSP.

It is a great unit just not in this mode, it would excel with audio files eg music files over a straight amp but with dedicated estim files it destroys the detail.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

I don't give a monkey's how the signal looks on an oscilloscope. I'm only concerned with how it *feels* on my cock, balls and ass. I also use an ET312 and StereoStim devices but by comparison I'm quite happy with the 2B's audio experience, even using v2.106. TBH I'm tired of being told I shouldn't be enjoying the 2B's Stereo mode so much and my perception must be wrong. It works for me and, I believe, for anyone with the patience to work out how to use it properly.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

I'm in the fortunate position of being able to compare the audio performance of the 2B versus the ET-312B. My understanding is that the 312B was designed to handle tone-based made-for-play audio files. It certainly seems to keep more of the fine detail in the output. The 2B is designed with music-based audio in mind.

Despite all that, it's the 2B I prefer for tone-based audio files. Why? Because it reliabiy gives me the HFO I want in a reasonable amount of time. The ride with the 312B might be more interesting, but I only have limited time available for play, and I usually end up having to turn it off and finish "manually" because the clock has beaten me. Kind of defeats the object of the exercise for me.
beem2713
Active

Post by beem2713 »

Stimaddict wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:05 pm I don't give a monkey's how the signal looks on an oscilloscope. I'm only concerned with how it *feels* on my cock, balls and ass. I also use an ET312 and StereoStim devices but by comparison I'm quite happy with the 2B's audio experience, even using v2.106. TBH I'm tired of being told I shouldn't be enjoying the 2B's Stereo mode so much and my perception must be wrong. It works for me and, I believe, for anyone with the patience to work out how to use it properly.
I wasnt meaning to offend, merely stated that your belief about overdriving the input was the cause of all of the issues when in fact by looking at the unit in detail it can be seen to be removing detail thats all. If you like it and it works for you I have no issues with that at all, I just know that compared to a true stereo stim unit the files feel totally different on the 2B and in my opinion not better. The rest of the routines on the 2B are great.