keepingstick pads in place

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
youngy63
Active

keepingstick pads in place

Post by youngy63 »

Hi Guys,
What is the best way to keep the sticky pads in place as the sticky is not so sticky lol

admin
Site Admin

Re: keepingstick pads in place

Post by admin »

Not sure what you are doing. Sticky Pads are normally very very sticky. They do loose tackiness after a few uses and you might be able to reactivate them with a couple of drops of water. But generally the guidance is keep them clean, stick them back on the carrier sheet after use and DON'T use lube. otherwise you will need to buy some more.... they are classed as a consumable.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

I've never had a problem with the stickiness of sticky pads. If they've dried out, try a little water, as Si suggests. Otherwise, I've seen people recommend the use of "hurt-free" tape to hold them in place.

Presumably you're not trying to apply them to large amounts of body hair? That would affect their stickiness, I imagine. As would the use of conductive gel, which isn't compatible with sticky pads.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

TENS pads should be held firmly in place using paper tape, straps, or a large women's hair clamp available on eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284173166325
For ball sack or perineum placement remove hair if possible plus you can use tape or sit on a rolled up towel.

Try "medical tape". You can get it at your local pharmacy - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332109971695
Every stimmer should have a roll of this in their estim toolkit. It's brilliant for sticking things to your skin.

For *really* good UK pads see this post - viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10727
comandatuba
Active

Post by comandatuba »

Something I will sometimes use is Parker Labs Tensive Adhesive Conductive Gel. It is VERY sticky, kind of like grade-school rubber cement. Just put a small dab on the middle of the pad, and also plan to clean up afterwards. However it will do the trick.
Ronfire7
Active Developer

Post by Ronfire7 »

I use the hair clip where I can.
Estimmer2021
Active

Post by Estimmer2021 »

I have used Nexcare Gentile paper tape, some others will leave residue that can be hard to remove, even soap wouldn't help much. The external package is gone but I am almost positive this is the type I have used.