Game changing power features on the 2.121 Beta

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Tracer78
Active

Game changing power features on the 2.121 Beta

Post by Tracer78 »

Hope I'm allowed to post Beta posts in this forum.. if not apologies and I wont be offend if its taken down.
this is just copied from a post i put on the developer forum.

But I thought this is so important for people who are not members of the developers forum to know about.
because it really changed the game for me with the 2B. and I'm so excited.
and if you don't have upgrade kit..BUY IT!!!

So anyway...with the 2.106 firmware I was always having issues with the power control.
so much so, that I was regretting my purchase

I would set it to 8% and it wasn't strong enough and 9% was way too much. and this situation was the same with any program.
I was using the low power setting. and I was never able to pick a truly magic spot. A 1% power increase went from dismally weak
to WAY to much. But now!!!!.....

with the 2.121beta firmware I have been playing with the output map, dynamic power setting and dynamic bias.
and wow!! have you guys nailed it for customizability. these features must stay!!!

For anyone else having issues where a power increment change of 1% went from not enough to way too much.
try the following settings. (2.121 Beta)

I set the power level to "dynamic"
set the dynamic bias to "average" ( this is the golden feature!!)
and the output map to B.

now turn up the power on A knob until you just start feel something (44% in my case). then turn the power up on the B knob. this gives the perfect slow gentle incremental adjustments that enable you to find the perfect power setting.
it is the equivalent of having 0.01 percent increases.
e.g 44% an channel A. Then as you adjust channel B up you get 44.01%, 44.02% 44.03% etc etc all the way to 44.99%

This feature has changed the box from almost useless for me, to the best thing ever invented in the history of humanity.

Keep up the great work. and thank you so much for these features.

Ps Twist is an amazing addition as well !!!

psidt
Active

Re: Game changing power features on the 2.121 Beta

Post by psidt »

Wow, looking forward to the public release. Have you tried these features on some audio files? Does it help to get a smoother experience? In many files there are some quiet sequences (or out of range frequencies) that I don't feel at all, changed by louder and painful sequences.
sjg1087
Active

Post by sjg1087 »

I'll be honest, I just purchased after a competitor's box I owned died and has been discontinued, and the existing firmware hasn't impressed me. I have to post a few times in order to gain access to the developer forums to get this beta firmware, but I'm hoping it resolves my concerns. Exactly as you said, the power level curve left something to be desired... Any idea when this will be released to the masses publicly?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Rule number 1 of beta club....dont ask when the next Beta is being released :-)

Currently working on the online manual.

Have you applied for Beta Access??? how to do so is here..... viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8005

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
DenVersGuy
Active

Post by DenVersGuy »

Tracer78 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:17 am ...

with the 2.121beta firmware I have been playing with the output map, dynamic power setting and dynamic bias.
and wow!! have you guys nailed it for customizability. these features must stay!!!

For anyone else having issues where a power increment change of 1% went from not enough to way too much.
try the following settings. (2.121 Beta)

I set the power level to "dynamic"
set the dynamic bias to "average" ( this is the golden feature!!)
and the output map to B.

I too am looking forward to these changes. I just purchased an uplink kit so I can upgrade the firmware.
DenVersGuy
Active

Post by DenVersGuy »

admin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:32 am
Currently working on the online manual.
Excited for the new firmware and looking forward to help test the latest release.

Let me know if you need some help with the online manual. I did have some ideas for reorganizing some of the content. :-)
Skizors

Post by Skizors »

I'm excited! It sounds like 2.121 is going to be like getting a whole new box. It's super cool that features can be added and changed to keep things interesting over time.
endee
Active

Post by endee »

hope to get the beta soon too, looking forward for a new version of my 2B and to have lots of new fun with it.
masterko1976
Active

Post by masterko1976 »

must try.. i really need to download
lilatex

Post by lilatex »

That sounds realy interesting. But if you do it like you described, then both channels have the same volume/level, or can you still adjust them separately?