2B - Biphasic or Monophasic Waveforms?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

2B - Biphasic or Monophasic Waveforms?

Post by Stimaddict »

There is a discussion on another forum where some users claim the 2B uses Monophasic (DC) waveforms. I have always understood it uses a Biphasic (AC) waveform. Any comments on which is correct?

admin
Site Admin

Re: 2B - Biphasic or Monophasic Waveforms?

Post by admin »

Well when someone can explain how you get DC out of a transformer with no other additional circuitry then we will bother to respond to such idiots. (Transformer operation is Basic physics/electronics 101).

A TRANSFORMER WILL ONLY PRODUCT AC. IT CANNOT PRODUCT DC
Transformers do not pass direct current (DC), and can be used to take the DC voltage (the constant voltage) out of a signal while keeping the part that changes (the AC voltage).
Reference https://energyeducation.ca/encyclopedia/Transformer

The output of a 2B is a transformer and thus any output is AC, yes it is not symmetrical, but the waveform is still AC with zero DC component. Sadly some people will just want to argue for argument sake without understanding the underlying physical principles.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Yeah, sadly some people are happy to ignore the laws of physics in favour of myths and wild conspiracy theories. Apparently you and Erostek are in cahoots to hoodwink the public.

Can I ask what you make of this? One detractor presents this image as "evidence" the 2B emits monophasic output, saying "Measurements with my oscilloscope (yellow channel) clearly show a waveform that only has a positive pulse (and a tiny bit of inductor rebound)".

Image removed due to the receipt of a DCMA takedown request
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Just to add, he then presents this image for comparison claiming it is an ET312 using the same settings...

Image removed due to the receipt of a DCMA takedown request
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

We are ErosTek are in kahoots!!! That’s a new one!!!

We generally don’t discuss the hardware of our units as we are forever trying to explain basic physics to Facebook educated individuals, but I’ll make a small exception here.

The answer is different hardware (2B, 312 etc ) with different loads will give different results. And neither are looking at the current, just voltage - a current trace looks much different, and current is what matters.

And how do you achieve ‘the same settings’ on completely different units? Continuous at 3 compared with continuous at 3!??! Really!!!

And no matter what is shown on an arbitrary scope, it still doesn’t stop the fact we use a transformer for outputs on a 2B and you cannot get DC out of a transformer!!’ End of conversation.

You think my degrees, postgrad qualifications, teaching electronics at university level and 17 years of commercial e-stim production might mean something but clearly a Facebook education is far superior!!!

If people spent more time creating their own units rather than ripping off the ET312 and 2B designs, or complaining about design decisions they don’t understand then the world might be a better place.

Si

Rant over….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

And lastly the 2B is not a copy of the 312, so why do people expect it to behave in the same way!!!

beem2713
Active

Post by beem2713 »

estim_si wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:10 pm And lastly the 2B is not a copy of the 312, so why do people expect it to behave in the same way!!!

'And another thing' LOL, stay calm sir, you KNOW youre right and thats all that matters.

The other thing that is missing from the scope traces are details of the load that is applied - capacitive? inductive? resistive ? open circuit ?

Keep doing what youre doing, clearly you some people bothered!

J
joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews »

Now, why would anyone trust the words coming from a qualified designer, a respectable company governed by numerous standards and laws over their own hunch or something they saw on a forum/youtube vid or even their own cornflake box qualifications?

It always makes me roll my eyes when I see those threads. It amazes me how the word Biphasic can be misunderstood and used as a standard/concept by people who often argue their own point out of all credibility.

Keep doing what you do best - creating great control boxes and electrodes as well as being renowned for your levels of customer service.

Haters gotta hate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for all your support and understanding. We are now locking this thread. Not due to the fact we are trying to stifle debate, hide our secrets or anything nefarious, but because we don't seem to be able to have such discussions without complaints of collusion, legal threats and DCMA takedown requests being fired at us.

Some people just like to try to destroy other peoples fun.

Si
E-Stim Systems
E-Stim Systems Ltd