New Public Beta Firmware for E-Stim Systems 2B

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
admin
Site Admin

New Public Beta Firmware for E-Stim Systems 2B

Post by admin »

It is the long awaited Public Beta Firmware for 2.122 . It has been extensively tested, and play with both by us and our fantastic beta team over in the developers forum, and now it's ready for you to have a play. Instructions for downloading and installing can be found on https://e-stim.info but if you have any issues then please post in the thread below.

If you find you don't like the new Beta, then it is an easy change to return back to 2.106.

The new Beta is substantially different to 2.106, with more modes, more adjustments and settings. What worked for you on 2.106 might feel different on this beta. Experiment, enjoy!

There is an online manual at https://e-stim.info/manuals/2b22 which is constantly being revised and updated.

Firmware

2B Firmware 2.122B
2B122B.2bfx
Please ensure you perform a factory reset once you have installed the firmware.

MD5 316D09882510B85F98EB418DA5A1815D This is the MD5 code generated and shown by Uplink when you load the firmware, it is not a generic MD5 code.

If you are using the new firmware then you WILL NEED CONNECT v4 or COMMANDER 4 below.

These are unsigned test executables rather than install files. You will need to bypass gatekeeper on a mac to use.

Connect v4

Required to use the new Beta firmware with our E-Stim Connect System

Windows
E-Stim Connect 4 Beta Windows 64 bit.zip
MacOS
E-Stim Connect 4 macOS Universal.zip
Linux
E-Stim Connect 4 Linux 64 bit.zip

Commander 4

Windows
Commander 4 Windows x64.zip
MacOS
Commander 4 Mac.zip
Linux
Commander 4 Linux.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

E-Stim Systems Ltd
pienk
Active

Re: New Public Beta Firmware for E-Stim Systems 2B

Post by pienk »

Hi,

I think there is a small error in the post above.
The windows Connect V4 download is the firmware file instead of an installer for the Connect V4 application.
edger477
Active

Post by edger477 »

pienk wrote: ↑Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:29 pm Hi,

The windows Connect V4 download is the firmware file instead of an installer for the Connect V4 application.
There is Connect for Windows attachment at the bottom of original post.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

pienk wrote: ↑Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:29 pm Hi,

Fixed.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
kjmkjm2

Post by kjmkjm2 »

New Beta firmware downloaded and installed as advertised. Looking forward to trying it out, thanks.
joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews »

This is an awesome step forward, well done guys.
Just a woman in her 40's who likes sticking things in her pussy and telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal I think LOL. :?
Spark86

Post by Spark86 »

Thank you guys! Very much looking forward to trying out the advanced stereo mode!
edger477
Active

Post by edger477 »

Hello,

I have tried advanced stereo mode, but I do not really feel the difference (I am however mainly using stereo for stim files, not music). Is there any post/doc describing what was the main goal of introducing this mode?

Also, for output mappings, it is not clear to me whether those are mapping stereo input to output or volume control position to output?

One more thing. I am an engineer but I have 0 experience working in industrial/consumer firmwares for devices, so I cannot tell if this idea makes sense, however I will describe it because that is what I have perceived as main downside of 2B both personally and from other forum users on this and other forums.

One feature that would make 2B suitable for many more uses would be a setting to configure "responsiveness" of advanced stereo mode (now that you have advanced mode I think is fair to allow some "advanced" usage too), basically to reduce time-delta that box now uses to average short pulses (I am assuming this is one of results of DSP processing). If we could set that it would make proper functioning of most of the signals that now don't produce any output (mostly "zap" signals that are supposed to be uncomfortable). I know that those stereostim signals have big DC component that you don't want to let through, and probably box cannot produce such impulse outputs by design, but instead of ignoring them, produce short pulse bursts but on higher volume (pulse burst amplitude = input pulse amplitude * input pulse duration / time-delta, where time-delta would either be new setting for responsiveness that we could adjust in range 1-100ms, or simply use current response adjustment for this?). That way when there is single "zap" impulse of i.e. 5ms duration, if we configure responsiveness to 1ms, then box would produce 5ms of 100% pulse output (from pulse mode, or if possible, the longest square-ish pulses box can output). And it can be easily configured to be "milder" as if setting is at i.e. 8ms then it will be 5/8=62% intensity (as it will average out 5ms of 100% pulse input with 3ms of 0% input).

I don't know if processor of unit is capable of such processing in real time, but if 2B had this feature, I would not need any other box, probably would replace my 4 channel DIY by adding another 2B.

Also, not to be forgotten, praise is important part of feedback: I like new features for output power setting, I like that you added more program modes (it provides for more variety to break routines), timewarp/ramp are also nice additions (albeit a bit clumsy as global settings, but I am not sure how they could easily be controlled from within routine modes without another hardware button) and the fact that there is now "Advanced" stereo mode makes me very hopeful this will become my favorite box soon.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The main difference between Advanced and standard Stereo is the use of the output mapping system. Advanced Stereo uses it, Standard stereo does not.

As to your ideas re the DSP processing, It is possibly better to post and discuss such technical elements in the Developers forum.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Ronfire7
Active Developer

Post by Ronfire7 »

What is "output mapping"? and what does it do? I have not played with this much and have found not much difference.