Hello from Germany

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
TommyZ01
Active

Hello from Germany

Post by TommyZ01 »

Good morning,

i'm Tommy from Aachen germany. I'm a freelancer musican and producer of trance music. The first album was not perfect, but you can find it on spotify, Itunes or soundcloud.

We start 2 years ago with the pebble. First it was ok but now we reach the limits. My mistress want to give punishment, while she clean the home. Because of the pebble limits we decide to get the 2B now.

I'm very impressed, with this high end device. Even in low mode i can't reach the maximum on some spots. In High mode every spot is punish before reaching 100%.

The best option is the commander. We try now to programm own sessions. My first one is nearly running. A 100min Session from soft to hard punish with a nice final. It's working but with typical problems of commander 3. Can't wait till commander 4 will be official released. After final test i will share the file here.

Best regards

Tommy D.

RufSkinSN
Active

Re: Hello from Germany

Post by RufSkinSN »

Hi, I'm also from Germany and recently got an E-Stim 2B connect pack. Therefore I need support with the application. Can you help me?
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

TommyZ01 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:13 am Good morning,

i'm Tommy from Aachen germany. I'm a freelancer musican and producer of trance music. The first album was not perfect, but you can find it on spotify, Itunes or soundcloud.

We start 2 years ago with the pebble. First it was ok but now we reach the limits. My mistress want to give punishment, while she clean the home. Because of the pebble limits we decide to get the 2B now.

I'm very impressed, with this high end device. Even in low mode i can't reach the maximum on some spots. In High mode every spot is punish before reaching 100%.

The best option is the commander. We try now to programm own sessions. My first one is nearly running. A 100min Session from soft to hard punish with a nice final. It's working but with typical problems of commander 3. Can't wait till commander 4 will be official released. After final test i will share the file here.

Best regards

Tommy D.
I believe commander 4 is available in the developer section but this may require a specific firmware version on your 2b unit.

The current Beta (public release).is 2.122 (most 2B's are shipping with 2.106 as its a VERY stable, tried and tested firmware)
TommyZ01
Active

Post by TommyZ01 »

[/quote]

I believe commander 4 is available in the developer section but this may require a specific firmware version on your 2b unit.

The current Beta (public release).is 2.122 (most 2B's are shipping with 2.106 as its a VERY stable, tried and tested firmware)
[/quote]

I try the new firmware 2.122. The Commander 4 is much better than the third. This one has not such random jumps to under 10%, when a record has fast changes. Problem is only, i'm lucky to brick my device now. I don't know if it was because of the firmware, a recorded session or only overcharging. I need to test more and more slowly before i post a session which maybe brick other devices too.
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

TommyZ01 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:26 pm

[/quote]

I try the new firmware 2.122. The Commander 4 is much better than the third. This one has not such random jumps to under 10%, when a record has fast changes. Problem is only, i'm lucky to brick my device now. I don't know if it was because of the firmware, a recorded session or only overcharging. I need to test more and more slowly before i post a session which maybe brick other devices too.
[/quote]

If your 2B is bricked, can you boot it up and do a full reset (I think that's menu number 30 in firmware 2.122.

If not consult this video by Wayne at estim...
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11196
TommyZ01
Active

Post by TommyZ01 »

Davespages wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:53 pm
If your 2B is bricked, can you boot it up and do a full reset (I think that's menu number 30 in firmware 2.122.

If not consult this video by Wayne at estim...
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11196
Thank you very much. I'm sad, this was a bit too late for this. Channel A was burned inside. Mick says, it was too much power for too long time. Friday it comes back from repair. I'm very thankful to the E-Stim Team for this fast service :D

Next sessions i will use Channel A only for soft spots and make shorter sessions. The Pebble takes easy 2 hours at Level over 80% for more than 15minutes and i thought the 2B can take it too. Maybe it was too much.
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

Hi Tommy,

Firstly Mick is brilliant with his customer support. He has helped me many times.

I too have also sent back my 2B on two occasions where a component has died.
In both cases the unit has got too hot and a component died.

Mick advised to keep the duration of a session under a couple of hours and avoid long sessions at high power.

Also, avoid high intensity and increased "feel"
Also slow pulses (pulse and bounce) with a high "feel" will warm the 2B up quite quickly.

As I like slow pulses with a spikey feel (the perfect storm for stressing the components) i purchased a second 2B unit.

I switch over units every hour if I'm on a long or powerful session.
This gives the unit an hour to cool down while using the other unit.

Top tip: dont place your 2B on the bed, or a towel or pillow as these will insulate the unit and allow it to warm up quicker.

Make sure its on a solid surface such as a table or bedside cabinet as this allows the unit to naturally dissipate excess heat.

The 2B is a very powerful unit and sadly when conpared to the reliability of the pebble, helix and remote... sadly the excess power can be the 2Bs downfall if used more frequently than a typical user would.
(I consider myself a heavy user of e-stim, im a power junkie 🤣)
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

I'm disappointed to read that the 2B can fail under these circumstances. It doesn't sound like it's being used incorrectly, after all. Could anything be done to get round this, either by using higher-grade components, or adding some kind of overheat protection warning system?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We are always looking at improvements over time, the 2B as it stands has had at least 6 different versions internally as we are almost constantly attempting to improve on what we do.

People sometimes get confused over what we say. We have 2Bs that have been running at high power levels for literally years, and others have failed on first use, this is the nature of electronic components - the science of component failure over time is an interesting one - long and complex and generally meaningless to the vast majority of users.

In the same way a car would have issues if you drive it in first gear for long periods of time, we have had units fail when driven hard, we equally have had units not fail when driven under the same circumstances, and we have had units fail with a customer, but are fine when we get them back to the workshops - one of the most frustrating situations to be in. At the end of the day the 2B is a solid robust design, but it would be unrealistic to say things never fail.

At the end of the day the 2B is still covered by our lifetime guarantee, so apart from the issues of shipping repairs around the world, we are still standing by our products and supporting our customers and yes we are always working on how to improve what we offer.

Warning systems are great, but warning levels would have to be set to ensure they work 100% of the time, and thus would be lower than the majority of units need, otherwise they are pointless, and personally I like to push my play to suit myself rather than hitting that point where a box moans its getting warm, destroying 'the moment' - F**K it I want to push things to the edge and take risks. Yes it means there is an increased risk to an individual box, but it does allow more people to push their units without us putting limits on their play, and in the even things do pop, we will still support them with repairs.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

mrbutt89 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:12 am I'm disappointed to read that the 2B can fail under these circumstances. It doesn't sound like it's being used incorrectly, after all. Could anything be done to get round this, either by using higher-grade components, or adding some kind of overheat protection warning system?
As Si mentioned when components are manufactured it can be a silicon lottery, while every component will do its job... its longevity can vary, its tolerance to heat, the max speed at which it operates can vary...

Think of computers.... some "unlocked" cpus can be overclocked.
Its a lottery as to how far you can overclock the cpu (thermal headroom, voltages, stability)

And with the ongoing chip shortage, I imagine ESS will have to think on their feet for securing components.

The lifetime guarantee is worth its weight in gold.
The customer service from ESS is second to none.

And for Si to say don't be scared of pushing your 2B hard is reassuring, his trust in a quality product.

If I thought for one minute that the 2b was a poor quality product then I would never have purchased a second unit.
I love the 2B, despite a couple of incidents needing repair.

As a heavy stimmer, alternating the use of my 2bs means im mot pushing a particular unit too hard for too long... and i can start the "finish" of a session with a cold box... knowing I can push it hard for the 5 to 30 minutes it may take to finish.

Its also a safety blanket... if i have to send a unit back, i have one spare to keep going.

I can tell you the first time it happened... i had no back up unit... i tried using a tens machine and it was a disaster... no where near the power of the 2b.

I also own an E-stim remote and despite being a single channel unit, that thing has some serious punch on pulse and torment.
And thats only on a 9v battery, no mains option.
So again, another quality product.

Si, I take my hat off to you in respect for standing by your product.
And of course Mick, Wayne and everyone else at the ESS team.