Both channels into same two unipolar electrodes?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Pineapple

Both channels into same two unipolar electrodes?

Post by Pineapple »

Hi folks, essentially I'm asking whether the above configuration is within spec for the 2B. I wouldn't want to try it and accidentally damage the unit. For clarity, the exact setup I'm imagining is Ch.A (black) + Ch.B (black) into unipolar electrode X, and Ch.A (red) + Ch.B (red) into unipolar electrode Y. Alternatively replace X and Y with the sides of a bipolar electrode, it's the same question.

The end result I'm going for is to have one channel outputting a low-mid intensity baseline, and to have the other one play infrequent high-intensity jolts. I tried this with audio mode and a single channel, with the audio file staying at low volume and jumping to high every so often. However, this was too clunky; I want to be able to adjust the intensity of both the baseline and the spikes separately. I haven't tried Commander yet, but my instinct is that I won't be able to achieve this effect on a single channel at all, since (from what I hear) the 2B takes a little time to ramp between different intensities, so very short spikes don't quite come out like you'd want. But again, haven't tried that yet, so just parroting what I've heard from others.

In this scenario, one channel would be on the whole time, and the other would be off for the majority of the time. I'm concerned that this could result in most of the voltage going across the inactive channel rather than the electrodes (and damaging the box in the process).

eck
Active

Re: Both channels into same two unipolar electrodes?

Post by eck »

Pineapple wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:12 pmCh.A (black) + Ch.B (black) into unipolar electrode X, and Ch.A (red) + Ch.B (red) into unipolar electrode Y.
I wouldn't want to try it and accidentally damage the unit.
This is of course not the intended use of the device, because one output does not only fire towards the electrodes but also "back" into the other output.
A simple tens unit would at least show malfunction. The 2B outputs are driven by software. But I can not answer the question if this can cause damage, only the manufacturer should be able to give a reliable answer.
Davespages
Active Developer

Re: Both channels into same two unipolar electrodes?

Post by Davespages »

From my best understanding, both channels on the 2b are isolated.

Estim Si, can you clarify?