Laptop crashes

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
TinoLL
Active

Laptop crashes

Post by TinoLL »

When connecting the sould adaptor and then switching on the 2B the laptop crashes and needs a hard reset. Lenovo told me that this is caused by an overvoltage. How can I avoid this? First switch on the 2B and then connect to the laptop?

I will do some measurements with a voltmeter to see when this voltage appears. If it is just a peak when switching on I can try the way mentioned above.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Laptop crashes

Post by admin »

Its a 2B!!!. The original 2.106 firmware has a small voltage present as that is part of the digital link monitoring system, which normally only confused laptops with auto switching on their inputs - don't forget the 2B was designed when an input was an input. The latest beta firmware removes this issue.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
TinoLL
Active

Post by TinoLL »

The Beta doesn't remove that. But setting the 2B to Stereo or Advanced Stereo does.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TinoLL wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:02 pm The Beta doesn't remove that. But setting the 2B to Stereo or Advanced Stereo does.
Firstly its a 2B NOT a 2B.

Secondly in the non audio modes the digital link is active in all the modes apart from Audio. If you want to use the audio modes then switch to the Audio modes before plugging in your laptop and the digital link is switched off. Your laptop is detecting the digital link in non audio modes. The change to the Beta removed the digital link offset in the audio modes.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd