Linux USB Connection Issue

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
lykron

Linux USB Connection Issue

Post by lykron »

Let me start by first saying- yes. This is not the official cable.

I have a off the shelf FT232RL 5V TTL cable. I also have a FT232 breakout board.

Both of these cables work fine- as in I am able to control them using the Estim Commander 3- under Windows and Mac OS. I am able to connect to the device and make adjustments.

When I try to do this under linux (Kernel 5.16), I am unable to get the Estim Commander or pyestim2b to work. The device does not respond to commands sent, even with the various "work arounds" on this forum. This is when the device is on and idle, and I connect the 3.5mm adapter.

If the device is off, and I connect the 3.5mm cable- again, under Linux- the screen turns on and the top row is filled with White Boxes (see attached picture). The device does not boot, nor does it respond to serial commands (or Commander 3). Using the same cable under Windows or Mac works fine.

I'm scratching my head as to why this is happening. It happens on my laptop and Raspberry Pi- and the only thing seems to be the OS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.