Dirty Pots?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
jotavalla

Dirty Pots?

Post by jotavalla »

I am starting to have an issue with the gain pots in 2B. One of them is not responding quickly. You have to turn it slowly to make the numbers and the output levels change.
I Think it is typical of "dirty pots". Anyone with same issue? Is there a way to fix it?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Dirty Pots?

Post by admin »

jotavalla wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:49 pm I am starting to have an issue with the gain pots in 2B. One of them is not responding quickly. You have to turn it slowly to make the numbers and the output levels change.
I Think it is typical of "dirty pots". Anyone with same issue? Is there a way to fix it?
They are actually digital encoders not potentiometers. It is possible to carefully remove the cap (the very top of the cap pops off and you will find a nut underneath loosen the nut and you can then withdraw the cap),
then you can possibly drip some switch cleaner into the encoder. Another option is to gently press down and spin the encoder left right left right left right end they sometimes will clean the crud from inside the switch.

Alternatively you can give the support team a message (info@e-stim.co.uk) and send it back to E-Stim Systems who can clean or replace the encoders as part of the lifetime warranty.

Hope that helps

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd