New 2b User Questions

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
OutlawStimmer
Active

New 2b User Questions

Post by OutlawStimmer »

HI,

i am a new 2B user. I have a few questions.
In the past I had tried a tens with pads & CR electrodes without much luck.
I recently ordered the 2B complete kit. While I was waiting for it to be delivered I thought I would review online manuals for it.
I found that there is a update for the 2B and the manuals are different. So, I waited to see what I received.
I received it yesterday. It is marked version 2.106.
I was hoped some more experienced users could give me their opinion.
There seems to be a lot of difference between the versions.
It has a lot of settings and was wondering if:
Should I learn it with the 2.106 for now & upgrade to the latest version later? Like learning twice.
Upgrade it first and only learn to use it once?
I have seen some complains about the newest upgrade and didn't want to try and figure out a new unit while issues with it.
Any help would be appreciated.

I am sure I will have more questions in the future.
Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: New 2b User Questions

Post by admin »

Hi,

Welcome to the 2B

I'm not sure if there are too many complaints regarding the new beta firmware, the main issue seem to be it's substantially different and more versatile with more control than 2.106. People are getting used to the differences. If you look deeper into the forum you'll still find people commenting on the functionality of 2.106 and it has been out for several years. :-) the key thing with the 2B is play with it and experiment. All the firmware does is give you more control and flexibility it is still up to you to discover what works for you and what doesn't.

We are expecting to release the new firmware on boxes in the next couple of months, and there is still ongoing development on further changes to the beta firmware. We don't just stop we continue to develop and continue to create new ideas and new functionality.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
soundcraft
Active Developer

Post by soundcraft »

OutlawStimmer wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:57 am HI,

i am a new 2B user. I have a few questions.
In the past I had tried a tens with pads & CR electrodes without much luck.
I recently ordered the 2B complete kit. While I was waiting for it to be delivered I thought I would review online manuals for it.
I found that there is a update for the 2B and the manuals are different. So, I waited to see what I received.
I received it yesterday. It is marked version 2.106.
I was hoped some more experienced users could give me their opinion.
There seems to be a lot of difference between the versions.
It has a lot of settings and was wondering if:
Should I learn it with the 2.106 for now & upgrade to the latest version later? Like learning twice.
Upgrade it first and only learn to use it once?
I have seen some complains about the newest upgrade and didn't want to try and figure out a new unit while issues with it.
Any help would be appreciated.

I am sure I will have more questions in the future.
Thanks
Hi,
The firmware 2.106 is the older version. I would think that Estim systems are likely to want to clear all the stock of the units with 2.106
before letting out the new version on new 2Bs.

I have not updated my 2B yet just as I,m waiting on the data cable to be on offer before I buy one.

The 2B with firmware 2.106 has plenty to offer for your proper first power box I would get to know it
before updating. That way you will have a lot more to look forward to when you do update as well as a lot more
knowledge. Don't forget you can always go back to the older version if you prefer it.

Hope this helps a little.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

OutlawStimmer wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:57 am Should I learn it with the 2.106 for now & upgrade to the latest version later? Like learning twice.
Yes, definitely. 2.106 is easier to learn and remains the standard firmware release. The "latest version" is an alternative, not an upgrade.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Stimaddict wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:19 pm
OutlawStimmer wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:57 am Should I learn it with the 2.106 for now & upgrade to the latest version later? Like learning twice.
Yes, definitely. 2.106 is easier to learn and remains the standard firmware release. The "latest version" is an alternative, not an upgrade.
I think we would say it is an upgrade :-) otherwise it's a little bit pointless working towards releasing it.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

admin wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:07 pm I think we would say it is an upgrade :-) otherwise it's a little bit pointless working towards releasing it.

Si
Yes, sorry I worded that so clumsily. What I meant was v2.106 is still valid, works well and IMHO is the better firmware version for beginner 2B users because it's easier to use. The 'upgrade' version is great but, again IMHO, is more suited to experienced users.

Us experienced guys sometimes forget how difficult it is for newbies to get their heads around this stuff. Having a choice of maps, for example, is brilliant but how many users understand what mapping is? :?: :?
OutlawStimmer
Active

Post by OutlawStimmer »

Thanks for the replies.
I do think I need to learn it with this version. It has so many options it will take a while to figure them out. So far looks like wave is my favorite. But I haven't tried all of them yet.
hotluck
Active

Post by hotluck »

Stimaddict, want to thank you for all you post. Awesome History, Tips and good will.

HL