New box feels different (same firmware)

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Dobby1
Active

New box feels different (same firmware)

Post by Dobby1 »

Got a new 2b. Old one getting touchy on jacks cutting out time to time. Both versions 3yrs ago ish and the new one both have 2.106...but i swear new one feels smoother ...in a way that i actually dont prefer and doesnt quite 'hit' the same regardless of pulse 'feel' setting tweaking...
Wondering if minor adjustments were made to 2.106 behind scenes and that's why nee box feels different. I even hooked both up and switched from one to other within 5 seconds on same settings....old one feels bettter...
?? Anyone run into this.... Wondering if I reupload the 2.106 software to it from the firmware website if it will make a difference?

admin
Site Admin

Re: New box feels different (same firmware)

Post by admin »

Nope, 2.106 has not been changed. Not sure if we have an answer for you as a lot of the time it's down to personal perception.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Deltus1
Active Developer

Post by Deltus1 »

Maybe slightly different hardware components? From different manufacturers ?
Greetings Deltus

---
DeepL helps me with the translation.
Dobby1
Active

Post by Dobby1 »

Thanks for the replies. Perhaps could even be since other one is getting old there is more 'noise' per se in the jacks that might be going out and over time I haven't perceived a change with the old one but when plugging the new on in it is smoother... (to me the new one feels sort of like when I once tried the new public beta software on my old one (which indicate that 2.121 has a slightly smoother feel etc...) Ill play around and see if I can come up with anything... might put 2.105 on new one as that is sharper but still ok. Just love this product (and forum)- just goes to show how many different kinds of feels are available and options to try..... IE 2.106 is smoother than 2.105 but to me its not linear like if I could set the pulse feel to '110' on 2.106 its to me not going to feel the same as the pulse feel maxed on out 2.105...seems you guys are really working to hone in on types of waves (square, sine ) etc... thanks for your hard work!
Dobby1
Active

Post by Dobby1 »

Is there a firmware that anyone would consider the most gritty feeling to try? That is once I am deemed worthy of the developers section. :)

Sharper isn't the word I'd look for because you can achieve that with low pulse feel but high power settings...IE the time that the pulse is 'on' is quick and hard rather than the 'pulse' '"hanging on'" for a millisecond longer and therefore feeling more and 'scrapey/pins needles', which is what I prefer. It doesn't mean i'm into pain, i keep the level in check, but it just feels more 3D and deeper. So my pulse feel is usually 90-100.
Side Note: My favorite setting is A split 78/94. I'd use 100 feel setting, but I'm telling you even a single number change can put the stars in alignment . If I change to 78/95..., feels good but I dont 'bounce'
rather just vibrate per se... , but back to 78.94...back to 'bouncing'', if its changed even a bit, different things happen...i think this is because in the split mode you are getting 'chatter' between the two signals and again..some times stars do align lol. There are a couple other combinations that achieve this but that is my fav.
I did end up putting 2.105 on the new 2b and I like it better but just seeing if there is other firmware out there with intense pulse feel to try. Not too worried about bugs, as I don't stray too far away from A-spllit so as long as that program works id be happy...
skysearcher
Active

Post by skysearcher »

Maybe you use a different power source/battery?
Dobby1
Active

Post by Dobby1 »

Unsure, but that did cross my mind but...always use mains and supplied adapters. Looking at specs on the 2 adapters they seem the same 12v .5amp etc.