windows 11 & command and connect

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
piercecbt
Active

windows 11 & command and connect

Post by piercecbt »

So i got a new laptop with windows 11. So far I'm not liking windows 11 one bit. Good news is it's a faster and nicer computer. The big problem I am having is trying to get commander and connect to work. I have downloaded fresh from here onto the new computer. When you unzip from file explorer you can get the icon and open it by telling it to run anyway. Works fine from there. But the problem is you have to do this (unzip and start from there) each and every time you want to use it. I tried moving the icon to the desktop like I did in windows 10 but it won't work. Has anyone else come across this and how did you fix it? It's like windows 11 won't remember that you told it to run anyway. Also still trying to figure out how to make sure system sounds are off for when using the btstim. Nothing worse than an unexpected jolt from some unexpected source. I've went through all the setting but still getting some. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

dotdot

Re: windows 11 & command and connect

Post by dotdot »

It seems to me what you really want, is to unpack all the files to a new folder, either on your desktop (only do this as a temporary measure) or another location on your computer, in which case you then want to make a shortcut on the desktop to this new location by browsing to the location and then send to desktop. They did hide the option 'send to desktop (make shortcut) in the old menu which is available by right-clicking on a file and then select 'show more options'.

As for the sounds, you can disable the windows sound scheme by right-clicking on the desktop and select 'adjust personal preferences' and then go to 'themes' and on the right it will say 'sounds - Windows default'. If you click there, you'll get the old scheme-settings where you can select the scheme 'no sounds', which disables all of them. If you have sounds after that, they come from another program, which you can mute in the volume mixer.
piercecbt
Active

Re: windows 11 & command and connect

Post by piercecbt »

That makes sense now. I've done all the suggestions and will test with unit later tonight. Thank You so much!