Audio setup for dummies

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
awefeocdsi

Audio setup for dummies

Post by awefeocdsi »

Hello,
I need some help please. I've read the forum, the manual, youtube, etc but I'm too thick to figure out how to do anything with audio on my 2B. I have a newish iphone, newish laptop, sony wh-1000xm4 headphones (which connect by bluetooth or audio jack). I have a lightning to audio splitter and a lightning to two audio jacks splitter. My goal is to listen to music on my iphone (preferably) or laptop (if I have to) and enjoy stimming that way. I have never been able to get this to work. Either plugging in the audio jack to the laptop or iphone (through the converter on the iphone) turns the computer off or it just plain doesn't work. I've tried fooling with the stereo and the advanced stereo modes and it doesn't seem to be registering the audio. Seems like I might need some sort of bluetooth receiver? I'm feeling frustrated and I'm sure it's something simple-- many thanks for any help.

awefeocdsi

Re: Audio setup for dummies

Post by awefeocdsi »

Got the below from support. Any ideas on how to address the laptop issue?

I made it work but using the lightning to 2.5mm jack converter dual splitter. Turns out the big issue was that I was turning the headphones on. By not turning the headphones on, and just plugging in the audio jack, it works.

Thanks for your email. Ok firstly if your laptop is turning off then that is an issue with your laptop and not our unit, some laptops have protection on them to prevent other devices being attached to them other than audio devices, this is your laptop not the 2B that is causing the issue.

To use your iPhone you will need to have a lightening to 3.5mm jack converter, then if you want to listen tot eh audio at the same time you would need a dual splitter and then you will be able to plug the audio cable into one socket and plug headphones into the other. The 2B is not fitted with Bluetooth and so any use of a Bluetooth adaptor would not be something we can assist you with.

I also note that you are using the beta firmware as you mention advanced audio, please note that all support for any issues with this firmware must go through the forum as we do not deal with beta firmware on Customer Support.