my new 2B

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
hotirish

my new 2B

Post by hotirish »

Just recieved it yesterday, havent used it yet but while running through menues i found that backlight setting is not working. supposed to have options on,off,auto. mine says 50.50 and is set constant on, not at the default auto setting. did factory reset and stayed the same. would like it to be on auto as it will make battries last longer.
:( :( :(

estim_si
Staff

Re: my new 2B

Post by estim_si »

hotirish wrote:Just recieved it yesterday, havent used it yet but while running through menues i found that backlight setting is not working. supposed to have options on,off,auto. mine says 50.50 and is set constant on, not at the default auto setting. did factory reset and stayed the same. would like it to be on auto as it will make battries last longer.
:( :( :(
Hi .

Can you let me know what software version you are on (it is the second display on start up). The backlight does not use great amounts of power anyway so the difference is a matter of minutes in terms of battery life, but I will have a look at the code, as it did work.

Cheers

Si
hotirish

Post by hotirish »

version 2.06
was told personally it would have the very latest softwear in it.
i suppose that does not always mean there will not be a glitch in it....
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

Hello,

You are right in both accounts. 2.06 is the latest version, and it looks like a glitch has crept in, especially as the version in-between 2.05 and 2.06 (the pre release version of 2.06) did have working backlight code. I'll have a look at the backlight code in the next day or so, and ensure its fixed for the next version. When the next version is out, I’ll arrange an upgrade for you. As I mentioned previously the backlight doesn't use that much current anyway and so hopefully shouldn't detract from your experience with the unit.

Apologies for the bug!!

Si
jeffr001
Active

Post by jeffr001 »

Is it possible for end users to upgrade to a new version of the software themselves?

Thanks
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

jeffr001 wrote:Is it possible for end users to upgrade to a new version of the software themselves?

Thanks
It will be soon. We are working on a digital link that will aloow you to connect the 2B to a PC, and then download the updates off our website. That will then allow us to move faster with bug fixing, new modes etc.

We will then move towards supporting both Mac and Linux boxes, with the same setup.

Si
jeffr001
Active

Post by jeffr001 »

Hi Si
I understand that the digital link is now available and the 2.07 code has been released?

Thanks
Scott1e

Post by Scott1e »

Will the digital link allow remote stim?
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

Scott1e wrote:Will the digital link allow remote stim?
At the moment yes if you use some of the remote desktop sharing software around, but I am working on a remote version of Commander which won't need desktop sharing systems.

Si