Audio remote control

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Audio remote control

Post by LondonSubNigel »

Just thought I'd share this, as it may be of interest to others.

I've been experimenting with the 2B, and having a lot of fun; I finally started playing with the audio lately, having managed to find a computer with a working CD drive, and converting it to MP3 for the iPod, which makes a great addition to the toy bag.

I've now gone on step further; since I have a media server on my NAS, I've copied the audio file there. The bedroom as a SoundBridge Home Music wireless audio player, which allows me to browse the music on the server. There are also presets, so I've assigned one of those to my usual play soundtrack, and another to the Estim tracks.

The audio player has both headphone and line outputs; the line out is connected to the stereo, and I've linked the headphone out to the Estim 2B. So, now, once that's in audio mode, I can start the fun just by pressing the appropriate preset on the SoundBridge remote.

But, the fun doesn't stop there; the SoundBridge can also be controlled via the network, and I have apps for both the iPod touch and my Android tablet that likewise give me access to the presets, so now from anywhere in the home, the Estim sounds can be played back through the 2B; a wireless video camera in the bedroom means that Boss can do that, and watch me, even if he's in another room.

Potentially, this can even be done remotely, by making the appropriate gaps in my network firewall, but that obviously has other safety considerations that people may want to consider before trying.

The one niggle is that you don't get much control over the intensity, as the volume control on the music player doesn't have a massive effect on the actual power output, as far as I can see; it's more or less nothing, most of it, or all of it.

But still, a worthwhile experiment, I think.