Mac software updated

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Mac software updated

Post by LondonSubNigel »

I've updated my Mac control software, together with the web interface; more details are at http://roughsex.org/estimV2.html

Main things:
* Simplified the software into one main window
* Added relative adjustments (ie, take 30 second to increase channel A by five, and channel B by 3); repeat until screaming
* Send messages from Master to Slave software (eg "Sorry, this is going to hurt..")
* Support for captioning EvoCam feeds, so you can broadcast a live stream of your session, with the 2B settings as a caption

For the web system
* New tablet-optimised interface created in jQuery mobile
* More control over favourites and sequences via the web
* Web controller can integrate with other systems (eg live streams, remote controlled magnetic bondage)

pimento
Active

Re: Mac software updated

Post by pimento »

Hi Nigel

Your software looks really good, thanks for making it available. Could you tell me if it works with firmware version 2.09, or do I need to upgrade?

I downloaded it, but haven't had a chance to really play with it yet. I'll report back when I have.
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel »

I honestly don't know - my box came with 2.103. As long as the firmware works with the official Commander software, it should work with mine
pimento
Active

Post by pimento »

Hi Nigel

I tried it out and initially it works fine, but then the 2B stops responding to the commands from the computer (the program doesn't become unresponsive). To get it running again, I have to disconnect the 2B and switch it off and on before reconnecting. I'm guessing it's because my firmware is 2.09. I'll try again once I've updated the firmware (once it's available for download).

My Mac is a 1st generation 11'' 128 Gb Macbook Air running Mountain Lion OS. The limited hard disk space is why I wanted to run Commander using Wine. Windows just takes up too much capacity. However, your program may solve my problem.
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel »

Interesting. Have you tried just clicking the connect button in the software?

Also, does it happen on any specific programme, like throb or thrust, or on all of them
pimento
Active

Post by pimento »

Yes, I tried clicking connect again, but it doesn't work. It happens with any programme, not just throb and thrust. The 2B can be operated manually and the control software continues to respond to the mouse and keyboard. Unfortunately the two are disconnected.

I think that the problem probably lies in the firmware, particularly as it has some known bugs. Unfortunately, the update has been a long time in coming for those with v2.09.
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel »

I've updated my software now, though for Mac users, the main change is just the icon. For Windows users, there's now a full version that you can download too.
estim_si
Staff

Mac software updated

Post by estim_si »

We have now released the digital link with the latest 2b firmware version 2.104, and the new UpLink software is available for the Mac and the PC. For more details visit http://www.e-stim.co.uk/uplink