Rechargeable battery for 2B?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
koala56

Re: Rechargeable battery for 2B?

Post by koala56 »

chestinut wrote:I run mine on an external 12v 3A sealed lead acid battery from screwfix:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/sealed-lead-a ... 34mm/21478

I included a 1.5A fuse and plug it into the external power supply socket.
I want to use an Batterie like you, but I don't understand how do you pluged in to the power supply socket.
What plug do you used? On the power supply is written 1,0A. Is 1,5A not to much?

Chris
Active

Post by Chris »

Hi koala56!

If you would have at least some idea of electronics and electic current then you would know that the current in A cannot be too much. The device will (if it works as it is supposed to) not consume more power or more current even if supplied with. The more important thing is the voltage. If it is too high the device could be damaged.
If the current is too low the device may not work, but if you would use an AC adapter or battery which is able to supply 3A instead of just 1A this is no problem.
And of course you have to use the right polarity on the plug.

The plug is a standard plug which has 5,5 mm outside and I think 2,1 mm inside diameter. It is this kind of plug: http://media.highlight-led.de/products/ ... _12538.jpg
koala56

Post by koala56 »

Chris wrote:Hi koala56!

If you would have at least some idea of electronics and electic current then you would know that the current in A cannot be too much. The device will (if it works as it is supposed to) not consume more power or more current even if supplied with. The more important thing is the voltage. If it is too high the device could be damaged.
If the current is too low the device may not work, but if you would use an AC adapter or battery which is able to supply 3A instead of just 1A this is no problem.
And of course you have to use the right polarity on the plug.

The plug is a standard plug which has 5,5 mm outside and I think 2,1 mm inside diameter. It is this kind of plug: http://media.highlight-led.de/products/ ... _12538.jpg
Thank you very much!
Sure the device will not use too much A. I thought only a 1A fuse would be more safty for the device and my body in case of an short circuit.
But I agree with you, I think this low electricity will not be dangerous and the 2B will have build in fuse too.
Chris
Active

Post by Chris »

I have to admit that I actually though you wrote that a battery with 3A would provide too much current and not that the question was because of the fuse.

Regarding the fuse: Of course a 1A fuse will be more safe then one with 1.5A. I think you can also use one with 0.5A and it should be ok and not be blown all the time. I am not sure if the device has an internal fuse, I suppose it has not. But if you would use the AC adapter provided with the device there is also no additional fuse. The AC adapter can provide 1A but it is able to provide a much higher short circuit current for a short time before it breaks down. I never measured the input current to the 2B but if you really want to be on the safe side just try an 0.5A fuse (use a socket for the fuses) and if it is too less use one with 0.7 or 1A.

Low voltage does not mean it cannot be dangerous for the device. Even 5V can damage a device if it is faulty.
KayEstim
Staff

Post by KayEstim »

Just bear in mind guys that in running your box in this manner which is not approved by E-Stim then you invalidate the life time warranty.
Kay
Sales Director
E-Stim Systems
koala56

Post by koala56 »

mrbob203 wrote:
mrbob203 wrote:Has anyone used the 2B with something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/XTPower-10000mAh- ... 00935L44E/

I had an Anker one a while ago that I used for my phone, but it looks like a number of manufacturers make identical looking packs like this. It has a 9V or 12V selectable output, and it should be simpler to use than a bare SLA or LiPo pack. I'm assuming if I set it to 12V and connect it to the DC in jack on the 2B, it should have output strength equivalent to if it was plugged into the AC adapter, correct?
If anyone else is curious, this does come with the required adapter, and works quite well with the 2B.
I bought this Power bank 10000 but it does not work with my 2B. After a few seconds the powerbank turns off. I called the xtpower costumer service
and they said that this model is only for loading devices and the 2b pulls not enough energy so the power bank atomaticly turns off.
The technican recommend this model:
https://www.xtpower.de/XTPower-Powerban ... u-23000mAh

I changed the powerbank and actually the MP-23000A gives permanent power.
I'm very happy with the mp-23000A. In 12V mode the power feels same strong like AC Adapter and after one and half hour session it lost only 1% energie.

Its expensive device and maybe I lost garantee, but I feel much more secure with powerbank instead of AC Adapter.
It could be paranoid but I can not enjoy stimming with AC Adapter because I worry about putting liquid over the adapter or overvoltage from grid caused from lightning for example.
I would buy an external batterie from estim but they don't have. And the inside 9V batterie is to weak for me to reach an HFO.