2.105 Beta

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Bluestim

Re: 2.105 Beta

Post by Bluestim »

is this version god for stereo stim ?

The latest beta version is certainly an improvement, but we managed to break one of the display functions. I have fixed that bit in the next Beta, but have not updated the stereo mode yet (the microphone mode generally gets written first as it is easier to test. Once it has been updated and safety tested, then the next Beta will be released.

Remember the 2B was never designed as a stereo stim unit, more as an audio driven e-stim unit, so there are always going to be compromises and limitations over a straight amplifier design. (and of course we have to adhere to safety regs that stereo stimmers are happy to ignore.

Si

Bzzz

Post by Bzzz »

Beta version had to become "official version" (without loss of guarantee), by the end of 2016... but I have had no news about this.
Official update has been delayed ? When will it be released ?
Thanks
dirtyslave0

Post by dirtyslave0 »

admin wrote:Things have progressed, we did have another beta planned for before Christmas but Christmas got in the way, and we are just finishing off final testing of another project before moving back to the 2B - 2017 will be a big year for the 2B.

Si

From this thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8680
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bzzz wrote:Beta version had to become "official version" (without loss of guarantee), by the end of 2016...
Can i ask were you got that from? We have never stated a guaranteed release date for any beta version of firmware.
When it is ready. period. No date has been given for an official release of either the next firmware, or a Beta.

If you wish to try the current beta, then you are welcome to join the developers forum and have a play. As people have noticed in the beta forum things has been improved in the later betas, and some things are still causing issues. There is no point in releasing a beta until it at least ready to play, nor is there any point in releasing a public update until 99% of the bugs have been ironed out, and we are happy with everything.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bzzz wrote:Beta version had to become "official version" (without loss of guarantee), by the end of 2016... but I have had no news about this.
Thanks
Use of the Beta does NOT effect your guarantee, although if you fail to follow the install instructions correctly and 'brick' your 2B then there might be a small charge to re-code the 2B, depending on what you did or didn't do. Follow the instructions and you will have no issues.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Bzzz

Post by Bzzz »

Sorry, I didn't log for several months...
Information I've written come from chat on shop website (with Mike ? Not sure about his name, as it was few months ago)

The word "guarantee" was not linked to firmware official release date...
I had been told (but I might have misunderstood !) that guarantee could be lost with beta software, but as the opposite is written now by site admin, let's forget this.

Forecasted release date "before Christmas" was told to me by chat too, but of course it was an estimation and I have never considered this as a commitment.

Apologies if I was not clear enough...

In order to sum up :
- I'll update with beta firmware without waiting for official release, as there's no risk of loosing guarantee (I thought otherwise, and didn't want to risk my new and expensive device).
- as 1st step of release is only minor changes, I'll wait again. My expectations are about stereo stim improvements.

Estimation of release dates and their contents would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bzzz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Beta released are always faster, and I have one planned in the next week or so but we also have a major product release due next week as well, as well as some major website updates/moves and a new CNC machine being installed so the calendar is a bit full at the moment.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd