Software for creating audio

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Noel93
Active

Re: Software for creating audio

Post by Noel93 »

Thought this may help some folks….
Open Audacity. https://www.audacityteam.org
Choose GENERATE from the top Menu, then TONE in the list that appears.
A box pops up…set it to –
WAVEFORM – SINE
FREQUENCY – your choice…I use 396Hz
AMPLITUDE – 0.9 (gives just below Max power waveform)
DURATION – 00h 30m 00s (makes a file 30 minutes long)
Click OK…the Sine Waveform will be generated.

Next, click EFFECTS in top Menu. Scroll down the list that appears below, click TREMOLO.
WAVEFORM TYPE – Sine
STARTING PHASE (degrees) – 0
WET LEVEL (percent) – 100
FREQUENCY (Hertz) – 0.3
Click OK…the Sine Wave will be modified to rise and fall from Zero too 100 percent Volume.

To Save this as a File, FILE, EXPORT, EXPORT AS MP3 (or WAV if you want)

You should now have a basic (Mono)ES pattern to use. To make a Stereo or Triphase pattern, simply repeat the above steps, but use a faster “rise and fall”, then combine the two files as Left and Right channels as a Stereo file.
Joining tracks to make a stereo track
Choosing “Make Stereo Track” from the Track Dropdown Menu of the upper track of a pair of mono, left or right channel tracks (in any combination) will combine those two tracks into one stereo track. The upper track will become the left channel of the stereo track and the lower track will become the right channel regardless of their current designation as mono, left or right.

Imogen
Active

Post by Imogen »

You can also generate frequency sweeps with audacity by selecting "Chirps" from the generate menu.
Henk1957
Active

Post by Henk1957 »

StereoStim wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:25 am
Malmo wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:20 pm Hi,

Im wondering if somebody here is making their own audio for Stereostim files?
I searched google and there was some results, but if anyone here is making any maybe you can share what kind of software you are using :)?

Kindly Regards
Malmo
I found that most stereo files for e-stim do not work for me, those that worked once may be completely un-enjoyable the next day. The reason is that our response to electrical stimulations varies from day to day. I thus designed an audio server that you can adjust to the exact feeling you want and to make it random so to take away the mechanical feel and predictability. It can be accessed here: https://e-stereo.com
Hello Stereostim.

I understand your comment and have the same experience. I often found the audio files unpleasant. Mostly because of the large differences in intensity. Because you work on the boundary between pleasure and pain, large differences in amplitude can cause that difference to immediately turn pleasure into pain. It is also not desirable to switch the signal on and off, it is much better to adjust the amplitude than a bit.
At least that's the case for me at least. I don't know how that works with someone who has a preference for SM, but it certainly doesn't work that way for me. For me, E-stim is to enjoy and not to suffer pain.
In the past I bought the program “Phaser” and with it I could make my own audio e-stim files to my heart's content. If you want to try one sometime, let me know via “pm” and I can send one to you.

Greetings Henk1957
(translated with google translate)
brisdude

Post by brisdude »

Noel93 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:52 am Thought this may help some folks….
Open Audacity. https://www.audacityteam.org
Choose GENERATE from the top Menu, then TONE in the list that appears.
WAVEFORM – SINE
FREQUENCY – your choice…I use 396Hz
AMPLITUDE – 0.9 (gives just below Max power waveform)
DURATION – 00h 30m 00s (makes a file 30 minutes long)
Click OK…the Sine Waveform will be generated.

Next, click EFFECTS in top Menu. Scroll down the list that appears below, click TREMOLO.
WAVEFORM TYPE – Sine
STARTING PHASE (degrees) – 0
WET LEVEL (percent) – 100
FREQUENCY (Hertz) – 0.3
Click OK…the Sine Wave will be modified to rise and fall from Zero too 100 percent Volume.

To Save this as a File, FILE, EXPORT, EXPORT AS MP3 (or WAV if you want)

You should now have a basic (Mono)ES pattern to use. To make a Stereo or Triphase pattern, simply repeat the above steps, but use a faster “rise and fall”, then combine the two files as Left and Right channels as a Stereo file.
Joining tracks to make a stereo track
Choosing “Make Stereo Track” from the Track Dropdown Menu of the upper track of a pair of mono, left or right channel tracks (in any combination) will combine those two tracks into one stereo track. The upper track will become the left channel of the stereo track and the lower track will become the right channel regardless of their current designation as mono, left or right.
I have been using Audacity in this way with another estim box, but I'm finding that the output volume has to be turned way down in order not to overload the 2B. I had wondered whether it was to do with the amplitude being near max, but your post indicates that 0.9 works for you.

I'm sending the output direct from Audacity on a Raspberry Pi (via a DAC) so I wonder whether that's the problem - rather than playing mp3 files.

Any thoughts appreciated as I'm finding the audio experience with a 2B frustrating.
Noel93
Active

Post by Noel93 »

I run the Amplitude as close to max in the File as possible. I then run the PC Output through my audio Mixer, and balance it so the peaks are out of the "red", into the 2B. I aim for about two-thirds on the 2B bar graph display. I set the 2B to 31 on the middle control, and 22 on the Left control....Power set to "High".
Last edited by Noel93 on Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rakedmast
Active

Post by rakedmast »

This post is for the sound engineers out there. Stumbled upon a youtube post about the healing properties of sound or audio. Something about 111hz being a special vibration that heals many kinds of things. The musical note "A" is part of this.

Does anyone know about this and can special frequencies be included in audio files for our better health while using e-stim?
Rahere

Post by Rahere »

The basic nobody's mentioned for editing audio files is Audacity www.audacityteam.org
Where you get them from is up to you: you can go from your favourite recordings to a Freebee software synth to a heavyweight DAW system. The key components are a controller, a tone generator, and something to edit and store on. Historically the music industry's preferred Apple, because Windows had latency issues way on back when, but less of an issue now.
Controllers are mostly scratch pads and keyboards, but instrument-based ones are sort of viable too. Many have sound banks built in, but these tend to be limited: a decent edit suite will just take pitch signals and allow you to plug your own voices in, or for a more dedicated core, a sound module. These are in their early days, after I went to Roland suggesting it needed stripping out: nobody needs a huge keyboard if they're playing a wind controller! PCs are subject to interruption, who needs a mail notification crashing into the middle of your sensitive performance? A halfway decent writeup covering the main culprits is here https://hearthemusicplay.com/best-keybo ... d-modules/
As it is, the 2B is volume-sensitive with smoothing, which given the general responsivity of the output is unhelpful. This may be because body core muscle responsivity's considered to be rather low, but goven the speed of response to a volt jolt,
Rahere

Post by Rahere »

Since the last comment, a leading West Coast Choir Dirctor's been promoting the Stamford University Jack Trip low-latency hardware solution, just in case these haptic systems turn into some kind of wide-area multi-use.
jl6564

Post by jl6564 »

If you have funscript file, you can try this:
https://cfs6t08p.github.io/funstim/funstim.html