Software for creating audio

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Malmo
Active

Software for creating audio

Post by Malmo »

Hi,

Im wondering if somebody here is making their own audio for Stereostim files?
I searched google and there was some results, but if anyone here is making any maybe you can share what kind of software you are using :)?

Kindly Regards
Malmo

tumblrjoeb
Active

Re: Software for creating audio

Post by tumblrjoeb »

Hi, I started using Sonic-Pi to create audio files. It's got a nice programmatic interface which can use samples and midi notes and live coding is also possible. My main challenge is that ongoing development is a bit stop start as I don't get the opportunity to refine my files very often.

I'm happy to share the code I've developed so far on this forum.

Joe
Malmo
Active

Post by Malmo »

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your answer. I will look into it :).

I found these:
Ultimate kit - https://estimaudio.bandcamp.com

The Phaser E-stim Software - http://phaser405.tripod.com

I don't know if these are any good. Since I'm playing electric guitar I had an idea to create solo section, long tones, bending tones etc. but don't know if that would work.

But I'm interested to try to make audio files like on the cd from estim system and like in the SS4 software on smartstim.
Im wondering how they did the cd here on estim system, which software they used :)

/Malmo
teunv

Post by teunv »

As a small tip, maybe milkytracker can help you out.
It's free software used for creating chip-tunes, sounds like in games for example on a gameboy.
it can be quit difficult to master but once you do .... wooow :D
silicum
Developer

Post by silicum »

I'm working on something, just as an experiment that can generate audio in a smartstim-like way.
I don't know if the market is big enough to warrant all the extra work that goes into making a polished app though?
Last edited by silicum on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Audioslave

Post by Audioslave »

I to make my own audio files, but I mostly use the E-Stim system A-Box for audio stimming. The A-box is only mono, But that way you can use the right channel for sounds you don’t want to trigger the A-box, and use the left channel for sounds you want to feel .
I to play guitar, and do some recording for CD’es. I use the same software to produce the audio stim files, as for recording music instruments. For multitrack recording I use Cakewalk Sonar PE, with a lot of pluck ins. That way you can easily make the sounds you want with a midi keyboard, and midi pluck ins – like the sounds on the E-Stim cd. Phaser, flanger, vibrato and a lot of other stereo effects, are already build in with Sonar when you install it, without any extra pluck ins.
When you are done, and the audio track is ready for use, you maybe have to do some Normalize mastering of the file. For that I mostly use “The levelator” by The Conversations Network http://web.archive.org/web/201307292045 ... levelator/
This genius peace of totally free software scans your file, and brings low volume peaks up, and bring high volume peaks down. The output result is an audio file with nearly same output volume in all parts of the file. You just have to save your exported file as Wav = uncompressed, and not the crappy mp3 format, for Levelator to edit the file.
But you don’t have to use expensive apps like Sonar, Wave lab, and Sound Forge, for making simple audio stim files. There is a lot of freeware multitrack recording software out there with midi keyboard support, and midi effects build in.
So for making audio files like the clips on the E-Stim cd, I think you need a cheap midi keyboard, some recording software with midi support, and a lot of time 
Henk1957
Active

Post by Henk1957 »

Hi Malmo.

I use the "Phaser program " for several years and have created plenty of audio files with that program.
Once you have learned how the program works it is easy to create new files and than the ones you selft the most like.

But now I have a problem , I cant reach the Faser site anymore to download te latest version.
If you won't to know more from the program , ask me.
And if here is anybody ho knows the hyperlink to the Faser site I like to hear that.

Greeting, Henk from the Netherlands.
VTKWorks
Active

Post by VTKWorks »

I'd also like to know more about how I can use faser!

A milovana user [mantrid0] has also posted about his sound generation software on the forum there.

https://gitlab.com/mantrid0/mpgenerator ... /Readme.md

Which seems to be similar to what you we're asking about.
Henk1957
Active

Post by Henk1957 »

Hello E-stim people.

For some time now the Phaser program can be used "online".
I will provide the link below.
You can then control your stim box with this audio signal.
https://phaser405.tripod.com/

Greetings Henk
StereoStim
Active

Post by StereoStim »

Malmo wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:20 pm Hi,

Im wondering if somebody here is making their own audio for Stereostim files?
I searched google and there was some results, but if anyone here is making any maybe you can share what kind of software you are using :)?

Kindly Regards
Malmo
I found that most stereo files for e-stim do not work for me, those that worked once may be completely un-enjoyable the next day. The reason is that our response to electrical stimulations varies from day to day. I thus designed an audio server that you can adjust to the exact feeling you want and to make it random so to take away the mechanical feel and predictability. It can be accessed here: https://e-stereo.com
Have fun with audio served by E-Stereo.com