Installing Drivers on a Mac

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
admin
Site Admin

Installing Drivers on a Mac

Post by admin »

Hi All,

just to let you know we have released the instructions on how to install the Digital Link Drivers on a Mac.

The documents can be found here http://store.e-stim.co.uk/index.php?mai ... page&id=33

More coming Soon

Si

E-Stim Systems Ltd
estimmer
Active

Re: Installing Drivers on a Mac

Post by estimmer »

Great does everything work on a mac? I have a 12" Retina Macbook.

R
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel »

Should be fine - the Commander App (like mine) is built with a system that creates Mac and Windows apps from the same code base.

But do note that you must install the correct serial driver from that page, depending on your version of OS X. The latest versions need a signed driver, and I think the connection will just hang if you try to use the older driver - so if you upgrade your OS, you may also need to update the driver as well.
gh440

Post by gh440 »

does it work with new 10.2.2 MAC OS ?
cbtpup
Active

Post by cbtpup »

Hi all. I am having a problem getting connected on a clean install of the latest MacOS, 10.13.2. If I type

Code: Select all

ls /dev/tty.*
or

ls /dev/cu*
in the Terminal, I do not see any entries for the FTDI chip in the Commander kit. I only see "Bluetooth-Incoming-Port" under both of those commands. I have downloaded the application "Serial" and it was able to communicate with the 2B, but my understanding is that the application includes its own drivers. I have also downloaded the application CoolTerm, and it uses the drivers on my Mac. It does not see a serial port for the 2B.

I have also tried installing the VCP drivers from FTDI. That also did not work. I uninstalled those drivers after learning that drivers are included from Apple. This definitely appears to be a driver issue. I either need to somehow get the driver Apple has included to work or try something else. Any help is greatly appreciated. I will continue to work towards a solution and post updates here.
cbtpup
Active

Post by cbtpup »

That was quick. With only the driver Apple provides, after a reboot I see the serial port for my 2B and remote apps are working correctly. It is possible that an additional reboot was all the I needed. I do not have the VCP driver from FTDI installed. Now when I type

ls /dev.tty.*
and

ls /dev/cu*
I see an entry for my serial adapter.

It seems all that I needed was an additional reboot.