Rechargeable Batteries

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
aurornova25
Active

Rechargeable Batteries

Post by aurornova25 »

I've had some issues with rechargeable batteries in the past in some devices. Does anyone know if i could use a rechargable 9v in the 2b?

KayEstim
Staff

Re: Rechargeable Batteries

Post by KayEstim »

We don't recommend rechargeable batteries due to their discharge curve.
Kay
Sales Director
E-Stim Systems
stimcub2

Post by stimcub2 »

I went for the power supply. Kinda scared me a bit to begin with (having sensitive parts hooked up to main electricity seemed kinda insane!) but it'll save money in batteries in the long run and there's no worrying about whether the power levels are dropping or the box is doing something funny because of low batteries.
cmb
Active

Post by cmb »

Just got me a NiMH rechargeable...
First tests were pretty good ... no idea how long the battery will last (have to find that out).
But it has the same power as the battery that came with my 2B.
I am using ansmann typ 300akku.
tktk123

Post by tktk123 »

As far as I understood the external power is set to 12V which delivers the expected result on two channels. With batteries I had one channel suddenly an unexpected increase of power while the other channel goes to a lower power level. I would expect this is getting worse with rechargeable batteries running on lower voltage.
neo80
Active Developer

Post by neo80 »

tktk123 wrote:As far as I understood the external power is set to 12V which delivers the expected result on two channels. With batteries I had one channel suddenly an unexpected increase of power while the other channel goes to a lower power level. I would expect this is getting worse with rechargeable batteries running on lower voltage.
I have the same experience with mains
cmb
Active

Post by cmb »

I allso had that with rechargeable and the the original supplied battery ....