Music suggestions for 2B?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Music suggestions for 2B?

Post by mrbutt89 »

I normally use my 2B in Stereo mode with an audio input, and I normally use an electronically generated tone input, like the tracks on the E-Stim Systems audio CD, or the sort of tracks you can find on SmartStim.

During my recent reading of discussions about firmware development for the 2B, I've read how the 2B was originally conceived with a music audio source in mind, rather than electronically generated tone patterns. I'm wondering if other users have experience of playing music into the 2B and what they find works best. Should I go for classical music with all its subtle nuances, or should I go for pop music with a regular beat? And if it's pop music, what genres work best: disco, heavy metal, house, electronica?

I know everyone responds differently to e-stim, but I'd be interested to read other users' experiences and ideas.

Boardy
Active

Re: Music suggestions for 2B?

Post by Boardy »

Hello,

i already made some nice experience with electronic beats but you have to make shure that there's no surprising change of volume inside the track
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

Thanks. I tried some progressive house / trance tracks the other day, and they worked very well.
goodtimes50
Active

Post by goodtimes50 »

How do you all listen to the music while also playing it to the 2B? Do you use a headphone splitter or is there a better way?
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

goodtimes50 wrote:How do you all listen to the music while also playing it to the 2B? Do you use a headphone splitter or is there a better way?
That's a good question. I tried synchronising the output on my mp3 player with the output on my PC, but it was a bit "hit and miss"!
goodtimes50
Active

Post by goodtimes50 »

mrbutt89 wrote:
goodtimes50 wrote:How do you all listen to the music while also playing it to the 2B? Do you use a headphone splitter or is there a better way?
That's a good question. I tried synchronising the output on my mp3 player with the output on my PC, but it was a bit "hit and miss"!
Yeah, I'm hoping to avoid having to do that :D . I just ordered a basic splitter as well as a 4-channel headphone amp. I'll try both and see which works best. They both have potential downsides, though. The splitter will reduce the signal strength and doesn't offer independent volume control (i.e. it might be just right for the 2B but too loud in my ears). The amp will allow me to control the volume separately, but the amplification could potentially modify the signal in a way that is detrimental to the way the 2B interprets the signal. We'll see...
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

Yeah, I'm hoping to avoid having to do that :D . I just ordered a basic splitter as well as a 4-channel headphone amp. I'll try both and see which works best. They both have potential downsides, though. The splitter will reduce the signal strength and doesn't offer independent volume control (i.e. it might be just right for the 2B but too loud in my ears). The amp will allow me to control the volume separately, but the amplification could potentially modify the signal in a way that is detrimental to the way the 2B interprets the signal. We'll see...[/quote]
Keep us posted!
theZorro

Post by theZorro »

Another possible way is bluetooth headphones and windows setup to play same sound to two devices (easily found on the internet).
Windows way didn't work for me, so I found VoiceMeeter software (voicemeeter.com). It also has more control than vanila Windows has.